Modifications made to bandwidth settings through webui don't get saved

qsdrfgt

Hi,

I've had this problem for years (!!) and thought at some point someone would fix it, but clearly this has not been the case.

I use WebUI A LOT (almost exclusively actually) to manage all my torrents. However, it seems that whenever I double-click on a torrent, and try to MODIFY the bandwidth settings for a specific torrent (for example, limit the maximum bandwidth rate), that new modified settings doesn't get SAVED. In other words, it seems that I can only VIEW the bandwidth settings, but not modify them.

If this is "by design", then why is there a "ok" and "cancel" button..? I would assume that the "ok" button allows me to CHANGE the settings.

This is, at the moment, almost the only reason why I need to log into my remote computer and specifically go modify the b/w settings (something I do actually quite often....).

I am using chrome as a browser, and utorrent is running on a windows 7 computer.

PS: The OTHER reason why I need to log into that computer is because, once in a while, utorrent STOPS to automatically add .torrents files that I copy to the configured "auto load" folder. I need to close and restart utorrent and then it immediately adds the files that were in the auto-load folder.

1- I go to help-->Check for updates, and it tells me that I have the latest version. uTorrent's website doesn't state which version is the "current one". Is 3.3.1 a beta build?

2- Seems weird that the webui version isn't directly linked to the utorrent version.. it is not like I updated or installed webui separately... :|. When I mouse-over my webui, it states that I have version 0.382.

ok, so I updated to version 3.3.1, build 29963. The WebUI version has remained the same, and the bug is still present (and has been for years).

Am I the only one getting this problem? The repro steps are very easy: Double-click on any torrent in webui, change the b/w allocation for the d/l of that torrent, click on "ok", and confirm that the b/w hasn't changed.

Wow, this is magic! Thanks. And I've been waiting all those years...

I still don't understand why my utorrent wasn't offering to update to the latest version with the "check for updates" button, and I do find it surprising that webui need a separate (and very manual) update, but I gather that webui is not being maintained by the utorrent team any more, and I guess as such, there is a chance it will eventually disappear..?

Thanks again for the help

Archived