Disk Overloaded Stuck

Palosian

So...I realize this is the umptieth thread on the topic, I've looked through most of them, no luck.

Version: 3.3.1 Build 29938

ISP: Comcrap.

Related software: Microsoft Security Essentials.

Last night I tried to fix it using rafi's settings.dat, but no luck.

The hard drive is this, connected by USB 3.0: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178354

It will all of a sudden get to Disk Overloaded 100% and then it'll stop, and stay at that indefinitely. 2 hours is I think the longest I've waited for it (think I woke up to it once also). I'll try and close it, it'll require me to end it through the task manager (I've waited here an hour for it to close itself, no IO writes during that time).

The torrents are quite large so it then takes a really long time to recheck them when it doesn't close down properly.

539679_410134352408765_96391281_n.jpg

Yes I have. No luck.

This has been occurring from time to time since I think around 3.1. I've updated regularly, I've tried a variety of disk cache settings to fix it over time, currently using rafi's 331_1M settings.dat.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

The hard drive is this, connected by USB 3.0:

That is WHY it is overloading. USB interfaces are inherently slower so they WILL ALWAYS cause uTorrent to show a "disk overload" when the interface has a queue that is longer than uTorrent's queue threshold is set to.

Reduce your download rate, adjust your cache size, increase the queue threshold UNTIL you find some settings that work for YOUR environment

Archived