port forwarding: my port keeps opening and closing

vanb

hello, I have windows 7, utorrent 3.1.3, and a Linksys wireless router, I have had no problem in the past but I had my laptop recently formatted and had to re-setup my router for port forwarding, and it does open for awhile and then i'll do a spot check and "run-test" and it'll be closed. this is even with the check mark being green in the bottom right corner of utorrent (telling me my "network connection is OK"). i'm annoyed because I'm trying to connect to other bit torrent clients, and stay connectable. also, restarting my router (i.e. unplugging it) seems to get it working again for a bit. not sure I got all the jargon correct but if anyone has any advice i'm all ears:) thanks [the only thing I noted on the youtube video tutorials , most people seemed to be hard wired with a Local Area Connection when finding IPV4 address stuff to use as a port ip, and i'm doing it wirelessly so using a Wirelss LAN...any difference?]

thanks...but trust me I read everything I could on this forum and others...connection guides on utorrent..youtube last resort. I am very comfortable with port forwarding, just dunno this time. starting to think I may have to reset the router and reinstall in....

oh yeah, randomize ports is def off:)

Archived