Files not being marked as Read-Only

javacatpaul

• 4 weeks later...

bt.read_only_on_complete IS set to true

location is NOT in media player "standard/automonitor" location, but simply playing the file causes it to futz with the tag (WMP 11).

99% of time it gets marked read-only as it should be, just occasionally it isn't; there is no msg in the LOGGER tab with it does not work (ie, no IOERROR msg). Just happened again today, which is why I checked back (3.3.1.30017). Minor issue, but can get you banned since hashes start failing....

Then don't play the data files you want to keep seeding in Windows Media Player (Or iTunes).

However, if you have "Homegroup Sharing on" WMP from ver11 on will ignore read only attribute when the Windows Media Player Network Service (WMPNetworkSvc) scans the computer for media files to 'share'.

Here's a new wrinkle. It did it again today on 2 torrents that finished (did not mark data files as RO), so I exited uTorr and set the RO attribute on all files in each folder myself. Relaunched uTorr and as it connected with others to upload to them it TURNED OFF the RO attribute. Tried it twice and it's repeatable, it turns off the RO attib. FWIW, I repeated experiment again, this time setting RO while uTorr was still active, and it stayed set for a bit. I exited and relaunched and it again turned off the attrib when it started uploading to others. Interesting...

• 1 month later...

Archived