uTorrent and configuring PrivateAccessInternet VPN

egbertnor

Hi-

I do appologies if this topic has been convered before, Ihave searched this forum for the last 6hours but unable to find an answered.

I have been using uTorrent for a long time and I have used proxy for a while with no issues (it was pre-configured), but know I would like to use VPN and then the upload got destroyed.

Downloading fine at between 600kb/s and 2.3mb/s but the uploading is howering around 10kb/s to 20kb/s.

Ihave tried to use proxy while connected with VPN and without proxy SOCKS5.

I have the newest uTorrent client, have disabled upnp and NAT-PMP as that would be the most secure option.

I have not opened any ports on my router as the vpn provided said that it was uneccesary when usig port forwarding on vpn client.

Now also keep in mind that I am a noob in this and all help would be appreciated

have disabled upnp and NAT-PMP as that would be the most secure option.
Rubbish.

Heither of those are rouuted beyond your local network!

I have not opened any ports on my router as the vpn provided said that it was uneccesary when usig port forwarding on vpn client.
They were lying to you!

You cannot forward a port through a public VPN so you will be lucky if you get ANY upload at ALL

Now also keep in mind that I am a noob in this and all help would be appreciated

Read the guides and the user manual, you are the very reason why they exist!

Hi. Using portforwarding feature from the vpn, utorrent is still uploading extremly bad. also when i have forwarded a port on the router and pfportchecker software confirms that the port is open but are unable to ping the router.

My issue is still very much alive..

They were lying to you!

They were not lying. Private Internet Access allows port forwarding at their server' date=' but only from certain server locations outside USA. Their web site has instructions telling exactly how to use their service with uTorrent.[/quote']

Maybe some do, but as the TS did NOT mention a specfic provider how can you be sure that the one that the TS is using DOES????

They were lying to you!

They were not lying. Private Internet Access allows port forwarding at their server' date=' but only from certain server locations outside USA. Their web site has instructions telling exactly how to use their service with uTorrent.[/quote']

Maybe some do, but as the TS did NOT mention a specfic provider how can you be sure that the one that the TS is using DOES????

Hi. If you look at the heading for this thread I did mention the provider. But that is beside the point.

Do you know which ports to forward for utorrent uploading?

portforward.com does not say, or it has a photo showing but the photo is crap and I cant make the numbers

Do you know which ports to forward for utorrent uploading?

When using Private Internet Access VPN (not proxy) the port forwarding has to be done at their server, not your router. When your VPN is connected it is a tunnel between your computer through your router and the Internet to the VPN provider's server which is why you don't need to do port forwarding at your router.

The following is from the Private Internet Access Client Support web page under Port Forwarding and applies to their Windows OpenVPN software:

Enable port forwarding in the application by entering the Advanced area, enabling port forwarding and selecting one of the following gateways:

Netherlands

Switzerland

CA North York

CA Toronto

Romania

Sweden

France

Germany

After enabling port forwarding and re-connecting to one of the above gateways, please hover your mouse over the System Tray or Menu Bar icon to reveal the tooltip which will display the port number. You can then enter this port into your software.

Set this as the Listening Port in the Connection setup of uTorrent and uncheck "Randomize port each start" then restart uTorrent. Note that you will have to do this every time you make a new PIA VPN connection.

Archived