I accidentally deleted a torrent of mine i was seeding...

cwuz

ould someone please just give me the answer instead of telling me where to get the answer?

NO!!!!!!!!

Why should we waste OUR time if you can't be bothered?

Why? What's the point of having a help forum if you're not gonna help people that need it...

And i CAN be bothered, it's just that that F1 thing manual is pathetic and unhelpful.

The forum is for SPECIFIC uTorrent problems NOT to tell you how to use the client! THAT is what the guides and the user manual is there for.

it's just that that F1 thing manual is pathetic and unhelpful.
It seems to work perfectly well for THOUSANDS of other uTorrent users.

The forum is for SPECIFIC uTorrent problems NOT to tell you how to use the client! THAT is what the guides and the user manual is there for.
it's just that that F1 thing manual is pathetic and unhelpful.
It seems to work perfectly well for THOUSANDS of other uTorrent users.

I doubt others have the same problem as me. It's simple to get back a normal deleted torrent, but one of your own is harder. There's probably not even a way, you're just trying to waste my time.

If we go back to the initial issue.

This situation does not compute:

If you delete a .torrent you can always download it again regardless of seeders. (Magnet links will need at least 1 peer to get the metadata).

You say you can make a new torrent, means you have the data.

If you deleted the data as well, then you would have problem, but then you couldn't create a new one as the data for it is gone. Which makes your statement false.

I can't see the problem.

Please specify exactly what you have and not have.

Thanks. :)

If we go back to the initial issue.

This situation does not compute:

If you delete a .torrent you can always download it again regardless of seeders. (Magnet links will need at least 1 peer to get the metadata).

You say you can make a new torrent, means you have the data.

If you deleted the data as well, then you would have problem, but then you couldn't create a new one as the data for it is gone. Which makes your statement false.

I can't see the problem.

Please specify exactly what you have and not have.

Thanks. :)

Sorry, i should have probably made it more clear as to what my problem is :)

OK, so i made a torrent using uTorrent for music to be put on thepiratebay for a friend, it's an album. I uploaded the torrent to thepiratebay and started seeding. But i accidentally deleted the .torrent off uTorrent while i was still seeding. And i think i was the only seeder, so now the torrent page on thepiratebay has no seeders. So the torrent on thepitarebay is useless and dead. I want to know if i can retrieve that deleted .torrent and seed again, so it has seeders again and other people can download.

Cheers :)

I want to know if i can retrieve that deleted .torrent and seed again, so it has seeders again and other people can download.

Just recreate it from the same data, provided you have not changed anything in the original data, the hashsums and piece count WILL be the same as the original.

Did you download the torrent yourself and started seeding it?

What I know that's a requirement for it to work.

As you have the data you only need to download the torrent again from TPB.

If it's only for your friend you could make it private by only give your friend the magnet link hash (copy from right click).

No need to upload to any site.

Did you download the torrent yourself and started seeding it?

What I know that's a requirement for it to work.

As you have the data you only need to download the torrent again from TPB.

If it's only for your friend you could make it private by only give your friend the magnet link hash (copy from right click).

No need to upload to any site.

No, i made the torrent myself in uTorrent 'create torrent' feature, started seeding, and deleted it (accidentally).

' date=' it will seed to that same torrent on thepiratebay?[/quote']NO!

Just email the .torrent file to your friend, it doesn't need to be on ANY torrent indexing site for them to download the payload.

I'm planning on leaving it on the site for others...

No, you need to select the folder where you have the original content.

The original content is still where it was, in a torrenting folder. What are you saying i do with it? Make a new torrent with it? But then i'll have to upload it again to thepiratebay and i cant be bothered...

Archived