Secure VPN P2P with ipV6?

billku

Hi

I apologize in advance if there is info somewhere here on the board about ipV6 and secure torrent downloads, but I can't find it. Here's my question: to my knowledge, VPN tunnels do not protect privacy for services that support IPv6 – and that includes torrents (please correct me if I'm wrong, I am a novice here). The solution, according to my research, is to disable ipV6 in Windows. My question is, to what degree does it have to be disabled? I tried disabling it fully in the registry, but that gave me issues. Is disabling it thusly in the Local Area Connection Properties for the VPN enough to maintain full security?

2635887.png

Or do I need to disable it by changing the DisabledComponents registry value as outlined in this Microsoft guide (and as I said, was giving me issues).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Or am I completely wrong about all of this and using uTorrent is secure with ipV6 enabled?

Hope this is a proper place to be asking this, want to make sure that I'm using uTorrent securely and anonymously. Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Ok then what do YOU mean by 'secure'?

I mean that, despite the use of a VPN, your identity (ip address I suppose) is not being protected. Also, there's clearly an aggressive nature in your responses to me. I've done my best to research this and I'm honestly asking questions here, not looking for a fight. If you can help, great. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

It's called being to the point, not agressive, "warm and fuzzy" waffling simply wastes everybody's time. If you want warm and fuzzy, use a 'chat' site instead of a practical site.

Secondly, now we have finally got down to your ACTUAL question, it transpires that it is nothing at all to do with uTorrent, which is the purpose of this forum.

However, the ONLY way you can be 'secure' in the context that you mean, is to NOT download copyright and/or monitored material.

It's called being to the point, not agressive, "warm and fuzzy" waffling simply wastes everybody's time. If you want warm and fuzzy, use a 'chat' site instead of a practical site.

Secondly, now we have finally got down to your ACTUAL question, it transpires that it is nothing at all to do with uTorrent, which is the purpose of this forum.

However, the ONLY way you can be 'secure' in the context that you mean, is to NOT download copyright and/or monitored material.

http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/george-saunderss-advice-to-graduates/

Archived