Utorrent using 100 times upload than I have it limited.

ikoslog

I don't know what is going on here.

My Utorrent client is set at a global upload limit and it is respecting that limit in the program,.. In other words the upload speeds it is showing me in the client are under the limit I set.

However I keep a bandwidth monitor going in my taskbar so I can always see my upload and download rates in real time.

When utorrent is active,.. Even though it is showing that it is staying at my set upload limit, the bandwidth monitor I have is showing that my upload speed is going up 100times more than the upload rate limit.

It is like Utorrent is lying, and uploading way past it's limits but reporting a false rate to me.

Any explanations for this?

I have to pay for my bandwidth and this is an expensive ordeal, so I need to get it accurate.

I would anticipate some upload overhead from my torrent requests on the trackers, etc.. but not at 100 times the rate limit. IE: If I were to set my upload limit at 10k (for ease of math) -- My bandwidth monitor would show my upload at 75-100k. The overhead surely can't be 1Mbps (100k) for upload when it's set to a mere .10 Mbps (10k).

Thanks for any advice/help

Preferences are 100% default.

After using the setup guide nobody's setting are 'default', because the guide tool is what sets up the bandwith and queue settings based your local network environment at the time of running it.

So please, just humour us and provide some screen shots of the relevant preferences panels.

If I were to set my upload limit at 10k (for ease of math) -- My bandwidth monitor would show my upload at 75-100k.

uTorrent limit of 10k will be in Bytes per second. Your monitor is probably showing bits per second, which would be at least 80k (10kB/s x 8 bits per byte).

If I were to set my upload limit at 10k (for ease of math) -- My bandwidth monitor would show my upload at 75-100k.

uTorrent limit of 10k will be in Bytes per second. Your monitor is probably showing bits per second' date=' which would be at least 80k (10kB/s x 8 bits per byte).[/quote']

People know the diff between byte and bit... don't you think?... ;)

Preferences are 100% default.

After using the setup guide nobody's setting are 'default'' date=' because the guide tool is what sets up the bandwith and queue settings based your local network environment at the time of running it.

So please, just humour us and provide some screen shots of the relevant preferences panels.[/quote']

Sure no problem -- Here are my option screens:

W1376115811201121_1.jpg W1376115811201121_2.jpg W1376115811201121_3.jpg W1376115811201121_4.jpg W1376115811201121_5.jpg W1376115811201121_6.jpg W1376115811201121_7.jpg

Any ideas?

People know the diff between byte and bit... don't you think?...

Some do (me)' date=' some don't (my wife)...[/quote']

She is allowed to drive, since she has a driver license, right? So, her uTorrent license is hereby revoked... :P

And SS of the problem, and in version 3.3.1/2 please ?

And.. can't really screenshot the problem. It's just showing what it's supposed to. It is keeping upload under 10k in utorrent. But a 3rd party program that monitors bandwidth is showing that it is using 70-120k of upload when Utorrent says it's only using 10k.

The problem is basically that utorrent tells me it is only uploading up to 10k.. yet, my bandwidth monitor is really showing I'm uploading many times that amount.

The bandwidth monitor program is quite reliable.. It is Networx -- http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/manual/?lang=English

It makes no sense to me whatsoever. But it happens. Not so sure anyone will be able to tell me how to fix it really... I can only think maybe downgrade utorrent or something.

It is possible. uTorrent only *estimates* the UL overhead (for TCP) to be 5% of the download rate. In fact it is only 2-3%... So, the total actual overhead rate can double (and the total UL rate - can get higher). The data-load rate itself should be fine. If you want exact rate measurement, your only option for now is to work only with uTP. (Pref->advanced-<bt.transp_dispossition = 26)

Archived