uTorrent 3.3.1 Build 29963 crash dump

Axel49

OS here is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, running 32 bit µTorrent 3.3.1 Build 29963.

Processor Intel i3 x64, memory 8GB RAM. Computer is a Dell Inspiron One 2310.

I have a crash dump (formatted by µTorrent) here and can deliver it via upload to you for diagnostics. Please, bring me upload information.

I will deliver the dump as a ZIP file (127 KB).

Nothing changed after crash I restarted the µTorrent, but surprisingly it stated that it cannot find the 29963-utorrent.44f6.dmp file ???

Some details may be of interest:

Total number of torrents: 5378

Number of active seeds: 5287

Number of downloads (all in stopped state):91

The reason for having downloads in stopped state is that otherwise the µTorrent will fail.

It manages uploads well at high volumes but doesn't persist any download concurrently

Grateful for your advises and hints.

Axel49

µTorrent 3.3.1 Build 29963.
Which is FAR from being the current build of 3.3.1
The reason for having downloads in stopped state is that otherwise the µTorrent will fail.
Yep you are way, way, WAY past the point where uTorrent v3 will run happily and consistently (about 5300 past)

µTorrent 3.3.1 Build 29963.
Which is FAR from being the current build of 3.3.1

Automatic update is turned on but not for beta releases. So this statement may imply that automatic update doesn't work or that only beta versions have been released.

I'll check' date=' but the current build number is not the one I originally installed so at least one automatic update would have taken place.

Yep you are way' date=' way, [b']WAY past the point where uTorrent v3 will run happily and consistently (about 5300 past)

I can by stopping seeds increase the number of uploads more, how far I do not know. When new uploads have completed and got into seed state I can start the remaining seeds with no problem and keep the µTorrent up and running seed only (no downloads allowed) so i don't see any limit yet.

One limit could be that scrapping the tracker could be too seldom, which causes timeout and the torrent thus being noticed as gone. But next scrap activates it again to possible new leechers. Another limit would probably be the availability of RAM memory, but I haven't been close to my limit of 8 GB RAM yet. My computer is limited to maximum 8GB RAM so beyond this level I need another motherboard or, probably, a better computer.

I had that problem with scrap timeouts with tracker for a while, but the µTorrent client seems to have been able to automatically detect this matter and has adjusted the time interval between subsent scraps to a more suitable setting agreed upon with the tracker. Currently, I don't see any scrap timeouts occasionally appearing.

No indications nor warnings regarding logical limits are issued by the µTorrent nor are documented as far as I have been able to find out but with increasing number of active seeds the difficulties to run leechs concurrently becomes more and more obvious. Why download and upload processes can affect each other I do not know, it is a mysterious behavior, still unexplained.

At the current level a try to leech something, even at a very low rate, below 1 Kbps, will cause the µTorrent to fail. So I run seeding solely and leechs with seeds stopped. It works, but this is a manual workaround and should be possible to extend and implement as an automated solution in software as the cause doesn't seem to depend on lacking hardware resources.

Hopefully, these notifications can help the improvement of the µTorrent to break its current limits!

A note: It would be great if warnings and errors could be brought in plaintest, for example in the Windows Application log or as readible messages otherwise, not in a .dmp file, which is a programmer's diagnostic tool.

Anyhow, the manual Update Checker found "A new stable version of µTorrent 3.3.1 (build 30017)" as denoted and classified.

So let's see what this would imply then...........

... and I got "µTorrent 3.3.1 (build 30003)" ......

... informed that the 29963-uTorrent.4f66.dmp couldn't be loaded .....

... "The system cannot find the path specified. !" message appeared again

Loading the seeds takes some time of course.

After having the startup completed I ran the Manual Update Checker agaiin ....

... Now the Manual Update Checker says: "There is no new version available at this time."

Obviously, updating to µTorrent 3.3.1 Build 30003 makes the Build 30017 invisible and non-accessible.

And the µTorrent can still manage 5287 active seeds.

Archived