I'm sorry for not reading english that good

eerie

My apolody for not being beter in english! But as I said I'm from the Netherlands and here they don't speak english that much but mos of the time they speak dutch. I don't know if your dutch is as good as my english, but I won't bodder you again. Next time I have a problem I'll ask one of my friend and than you're life WILL be easier, no??

It's sadning to see that so little people mean good to one and other even on the web. But maybe I'm getting old, I don't know anymore.

Bye and sleep tight if that's what you'd rather do then performing YOU'RE job?

Beste tinmrn (what's in a name), bedankt voor het leuke antwoord want sinds ik in dit forum zit (ong. 17.00u/10 april)heb ik niks anders dan aanvallen gehad op mijn persoon van de moderator en nog iemand(intereseert me niet wie) die stelde dat ik, in niet zoveel woorden, een beetje dom ben. Ik kan er ook niks aan doen dat ik nog maar een paar maanden op het net zit en nog maar een paar weken met utorrent werk. Wat betreft de manual en "the rules" dat is me teveel om te lezen en vooral in het engels. Verder moet ik zeggen dat het programma deftig werkt en redelijk vlug grote bestanden downloaden kan. Maar is het normaal dat er meer ge-upload dan ge-download word? Daarmee had ik de upload redelijk laag gezet (en dat hielp want daarna ging mijn download waarde de lucht in) en dan kwam opeens de zin "download limeted" tevoorschijn waarna ik mezelf heb ingescheven en ben ingelogd op het forum om mijn vraag te stellen. Groot was mijn verbazing toen ik van de moderator het volgende antwoord kreeg; "Stop being a leech" en dat terwijl die man/vrouw me niet eens kent. Wel makkelijk mensen namen noemen via de pc, mag hij/zij hier aan de deur ook eens proberen maar dat zal niet gebeuren. Alsof iedereen als universitair word geboren. Ik ga nu stoppen met klagen en je verder laten doen mss spreken of beter schrijven we elkaar later nog.

Nogmaals bedankt voor je reactie en tot later.

eerie

for not speeking english very well as a dutch guy you can write with very well choosen words:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=9542

The answer stop beeing a leech is exactly what you deserve!!

You must have choosen the settings by hand, because when using some defaults this message would never come up.

And now as you have been confronted as someone that has no good intentions regarding the swarm (aka beeing a leecher!) in his mind you start complaining!!

You are a Luser!!

btw. de meeste van mijn nederlandse frienden spreeken english nit slecht!!

(No i do not really speak or write nederlands but i do understand it basicly while living near Venlo on the german side of the border. So do not waste your time to complain in dutch ;))

You're probably all right and I was wrong by complaining but he/she could have said it in another way and with more courtesy. I'm a novice at these things and don't have people around me to help so I use the forum. I looked in the FQA first but it took too long founding anything relevant it's all so strange reading great volumes of english and after a while things get confused for me, I've got a light case of dislexia so reading comes hard for me, but that my prob not theirs, toch? So in the future I will bear in mind not to trouble them with my problems.

By the way the fact that my writing english good and my use of words is due to my writing together with a dictionary for some words. Am I a luser?? or a loser please explain?

Im going to reply in english seeing as how there are other people still involved in this conversation.

I think the reason why people use words like luser or leecher in that way is because when people don't behave according to the netiquette, others tend to react very strongly to it. Simply because there are so many people who don't know how to behave on the internet, it can get a little annoying.

The term leecher here refers to users of p2p networks like bittorrent who download a lot of data, while not giving back enough (ie uploading) to make it fair. If you didn't know that i don't see how you can be blamed.

The best thing to do to prevent yourself from becoming a leech is to find the right upload speed in your utorrent client that allows you to have a decent download speed (too high upload can fill up your connection, leaving less bandwidth for downloading) but which still leaves a nice amount of upload bandwidth to upload data back to the 'swarm'. The swarm is al the users who are downloading and uploading a particular torrent.

So i hope that explains why people can get a little aggressive towards these leechers.

Groeten tinmrn (dat is dus niet mn echte naam ;))

Thanks dude, I wasn't aware that it worked that way. I now understand what I did wrong, so when I put the upload... on unlimeted my connection gets a into trouble and that's why I had my problem. I also understand that the answer was in the FAQ put I didn't know how to discribe the problem or I just didn't pay enough attention. Probably the latter!! lol That's why I apologize? to everyone concerned. M'n oprechte excuses. Normaly, in real life, I behave very correctly but as I don't know the cyber way of life I will try to learn quick so to prevent episodes like this.

English is good for me German is something else since it's been about 20 years that I left Koln, after living there for 3 years. Great city!

btw Eerie is ook mijn naam niet :) (See I'm learning)

yeah ultima after looking again, and a bit slower this time, i indeed found the anwer to my question. thanx again for the patience you've all shown.

in the future i'll just have to look beter before asking the forum, and with a bit of luck you'll never hear from me again. now, isn't that good news!

sorry for not writing capitols, yesterday i sawed of my tendon in my thumb(lefthand). it hurts like hell!

Nah, don't just disappear -- just make sure you check all relevant places for information before posting, and searching keywords definitely helps (Download and Limited are definitely good keywords in this case). Searching too specifically won't get you anywhere a lot of times, so keep it simple when searching.

I understand, dear Ultima but now only have problems with the things I've downloaded. Furthermore I'm not a daily user of utorrent because it gives out to big files (witch is a good thing) with things in it I'm not surching or witch I allready have. What I mean to say is that most of the time I don't need the complete torrent.

This isn't a chatbox just for conversation is it. That's what I tought; a chatbox exclusively for problems with utorrent or am I mistaken again? lol But be sure the moment another problem presents itself I'll be back after looking at the faq's first of course. See I'm learning;)

Thanx for the help and concern. See you 'll next time. A la prochiane! Tot de volgende.

I've allready tried a few times to get acces to this IRC-channel but wasn't able to enter. The only thing that happens is a page witch tells me the page I'm looking for is able to open due to; I dodn't know how to explain in english Deze pagina is verlopen What do I do next??

eerie do you have an IRC client then?!

clicking the link will only work if you have a browser with built in IRC Client. (Mozilla for example)

good IRC client for windows is mIRC.

I'm shure there is a plenty of help for IRC and the programm mIRC in nederlands availible.

Het nederlandse article in de nederlandse wikipedia

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

No I haven't yet but will look in google to find it. I hope it wont present any problems then because otherwise I'll be back with more questions. It aint simple getting on the web. I tought diffrent, but time 'll tell how I'm doin'! Thanx µtorrent-Guest

Archived