Utorrent Not working!!! Finding Peers issue!!!

Vijeth

Hello,

I have been using Utorrent from a long time. However today suddenly all the torrent downloads have stopped working. I tried various torrents as my first assumption was that maybe the seeders are less. Even after trying various torrents with healthy seeders - leechers ratio, the torrent download is always giving the error "Finding Peers" and it never starts any downloads. I tried various solutions present over the net such as changing the Port Number, Removing the Port number from Exceptions list in Firewall and adding it again, Reinstalling both the Antivirus, Utorrent. But nothing works!!!. Can anybody please help?

I have attached a screenshot of the error message which I get when i try to download the torrent. I used the torrent "Slackware 10.2 torrent" as it was given in many sites as seeders/Leechers ratio will always be good for this torrent.

ErrorMessage_zps6cb6005e.jpg

Thanks,

Vijeth

Hello DreadWingKnight,

I don't have a explicit Firewall. I am using Windows XP and the firewall is the default one provided in Windows. Do you mean that the Windows Firewall may be corrupted?

I am using the Avast Antivirus and I tried using Utorrent after disabling the Antivirus but of no avail.

Thanks,

Vijeth

Hi,

I'm also facing the same problem. It was working fine till a week back. I've been facing the 'connecting to peers' issue since then. I did not change any settings anywhere.

(I don't know how to paste my screenshot here :| Sorry! . But it pretty much looks the same as the one posted above but with more torrents on the list.)

i am having the same problem as described. The software was working perfectly then all of a sudden it stopped with the status stuck at "finding peers" Originally thought it was a torrent problem so i selected a few very popular torrents, Same problem. Please advise. Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Today all of a sudden all the torrents started working again. I didn't do any changes to system configuration or Utorrent configuration. However I tried using Vuze, BitTorrent and they also didn't work, I uninstalled them. But today, all the torrents are working. I don't know the solution regarding how the problem got solved, but my guess is that Reinstallation solved the problem. Many Thanks to everyone who posted the replies.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijeth

• 2 months later...

Hello, same problem, but with some exceptions.

I have been downloading from various sites and some of them for years, using uTorrent. A few days ago, while some downloads from some sites worked fine, others (Dime, Hunger City, Zomb) are showing the "Finding Peers" message, and despite how many active seeders are shown on the webpage, and how new the torrent is, there is only a zero to the left of the parenthesis.

If any programs that might cause this have updated, they did so by auto-updating without me giving permission.

I use:

Windows 7

Norton Internet Security ]

uTorrentPlus 3.3.2

I have been reading several posts for awhile, and lots of help files, and I am getting nowhere.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This topic appears many times on these forums. The answers are all: it's your ISP, it's a virus, it's your Firewall, it's your settings (I haven't tried ohmykleburst's solution above). I know very well it is none of those. After watching the latest utorrent look unsuccessfully for peers for four hours, I installed Deluge. The download completed within TEN SECONDS!!! Utorrent, you have a problem.

I am having the same issue. Sometimes though it just randomly works. It just gets stuck on 'Connecting to Peers' and then sometimes it goes to 'Downloading 0.0%' then goes back to 'Connecting to Peers' again. I had 5 things in the list to download just hanging there and randomly one started downloading than completed quickly. None of the others will move! Very frustrating. This wasn't happening to recently and none of my settings etc changed in this time as people have suggested. I have deleted the utorrent folder as suggested and might now try to restart and see what that does. :|

Archived