Location of toolbar icons

bartek

Hello,

I have anusual problem. I got some hardware/software related problems with my MacBookPro and I lost some system icons (from Finder and from the top toolbar). I easile rebuilt them by running in Safe Mode.

However, I noticed a lack of some icons in uTorrent too. The problem was with Start and Stop icons but only when the options were disabled (the buttons were greyed out). When I select any item on the list (and buttons become active) then I can see the icons.

So my questions is, where exactly these icons are stored? I would like too see if the problem is with corrupted files of the icons or something else.

Thank you,

Bart

Three things:

1. The icons are not available/active unless there is a file selected to act upon

2. At the very top of your screen: uTorrent View >> Customize Toolbar -- you will get a drop-down that shows your toolbar options. Set it up via check-mark choices and drag-and-drop. Click on the "done" button.

3. The icons can be found in uTorrent .App >>show package contents >> Contents >> Resources >> (they are all png files that you can look at with Preview.app)

(edited for three, arrangement)

1. The icons are not available/active unless there is a file selected to act upon

However they are alvays visable. There is never blank buttons. If they are not available then they are greyed out.

3. The icons can be found in uTorrent .App >>show package contents >> Contents >> Resources >> (they are all png files that you can look at with Preview.app)

Thanks. I see the files:

icon_taskbar_start.png

icon_taskbar_stop.png

icon_taskbar_remove.png

However I don't see their inactive versions. How they become greyed out then? uTorrent uses the same files and do the grey out by in source code?

If they are not available then they are greyed out.

However I don't see their inactive versions. How they become greyed out then? uTorrent uses the same files and do the grey out by in source code?

Nothing new in that behavior --- you'll see it all over the OS. For example, click on "edit" in your browser right now ---- you'll see choices greyed out because there is nothing to act on.

Yes, but the menu is textual not graphical. OK then. So I uTorrent didn't render the greyed out buttons (just blanks ones) it was definitely a problem with OSX itself, not uTorrent, right?

Are you experience where to look into problem in OSX then?

I guess you misunderstood me. Let me show on the picture then.

xxap.png

The first example is what it should be. The second is what happened to me and I don't know and I'm wondering if it's uTorrent or OSX issue (note: when I select any file from the list the icons appear correctly!)

bart

Whoa! I did misunderstand.

I'd first suggest trying the customize toolbar first --- start with "default" then add any others you may want/need. Quit and relaunch the program to see if that "fixed" it.

You could try #6 in this sticky posting: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=108968

To see if it is something else in the Mac, try this troubleshooting thing: http://www.tempel.org/FindingCrashCausesOnOSX

He is speaking of his own software and crashes, but the conflicts (and finding them) apply to just about any weird behavior.

(edited for customize)

Archived