Can't connect with some people that could connect couple of weeks ago

darkman00000

Provider changed my modem (Cable modem) .. to work with Internet 50 plan (instead of previous Internet 25 plan) ... the previous modem could not work with this faster Internet 50 plan ..

and now when torrenting (i use uTorrent 2.21) .. I can't connect with few of my friends (they are in Russia) that i could connect just few weeks ago.

... and those are my friends ... -- so i suspect I can't connect with other people also (with strangers)

At the same time, I can connect "no problem" with many other people world wide, Russia including ..

What gives? .. What changed .. etc?

thanks

Probably the firewall when you changed modem.

Kind of common sense: You change one thing and something stops working, it's usually the piece that got changed that caused it, rather than something that was dependent on it.

Also, µTorrent 2.x isn't supported anymore.

Tried without Firewall .. same thing..

currently uTorrent is an exception with Windows Firewall .. so should be OK .. - and i can d/l u/l with many many people.. but just not with some that used to be able to before ...

Thanks for your reply though...

Any suggestions however? .. anyone? :)

I had current before (v 3+ ... or something) .. and it screwed me up quite "good" somehow ...

So I downgraded to 2.2.1 (latest from v. 2 series i believe) .. at some people's suggestions .. and for more than a year didn't have any issues now...

I know some people that are still running 1.8.2 (if not 1.6 even) .. and still are claiming that it's most steady and the best .. HEHE

Ya ... I know .. but i figured / was hoping maybe someone would be nice and will reply ... lol

However .. let's just assume I d be running newest stable version currently .. (and be having the same problem, ... which i thiink i could be having) .. What would you recommend me to do in that newest stable version? :)

Archived