Magnet link added, ended with weird behavior

wildwestgoh

Hi all,

I wonder if this is asked before or a bug between version 3.3.0.29677 & 3.3.1.30017.

I was using the older version 29677 while adding a magnet link, it was successful created in list and when I try start the downloads, it stuck at "Checking 99.8%" (old bug?). So I thought it must has been another nasty bug and went to download the latest version while trying to close the program, I open up task manager as usual to check if the utorrent.exe will close properly, well this time it doesn't, it appear in the process list for more than 5 minutes (confirmed hang), so I "End Task" the utorrent.exe just like I usually did.

After I upgrade to the latest version 30017 (replacing utorrent.exe with the latest copy), and try to start the program, it starts fine, no error but it just missing that single magnet link that I added earlier, so I just figure I should just add the magnet link again, it prompt me "The torrent you trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?", I went to the torrent folder of which I set for storing torrent files, the torrent is there, so I thought it must had some weird check on the torrent list, I deleted that torrent and restart (close and open again) uTorrent, trying to re-add the magnet link again, same prompt.

My conclusion is somehow it was added to the "resume.dat" and it's corrupted, must had been my force close of utorrent.exe caused that "human error".:(

So, my question here is, what can I do to remove that magnet link added torrent without clearing resume.dat? I have many queue-ing and seeding torrents so re-add them takes time, probably few hours, I don't have that kind of time to re-add, and this is slow machine, re-check files is going to take ages. Can I use editor programs to edit the "resume.dat" and delete that corrupted torrent?

Thank you in advance for your time.

ut it just missing that single magnet link that I added earlier, so I just figure I should just add the magnet link again, it prompt me "The torrent you trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?",

Sidebar -> Labels -> Hidden.

Archived