Torrents wont download with proxy

rsq2935

I've been using uTorrent for many years now but have recently run into an issue.

If I have any proxy information entered into Preferences>Connection>Proxy Server uTorrent will not resolve peers or trackers. If I remove the proxy server then it works albeit slowly.

I've tried numerous proxy servers from the list at: http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

I've even entered proxy's from other lists i've found on the web. It doesnt seem to matter what proxy i enter, it still won't work.

Any ideas?

uTorrent Version: 3.3.1

Windows 7 Pro

Windows Firewall (yes there are rules set to allow)

Windows Defender Antivirus

I don't have any ports forwarded, havent needed to do so before and i've gotten 300kb down.

It occurs to me that civility and politeness are sadly missing in today's world.

1. I work 12+ hours a day on a construction crew. I have sporadic breaks, I work by the job not by the hour. It's physically demanding work that leaves me exhausted at the end of the day. Something which may or may not be a foreign concept to the two of you who have posted replies thus far.

2. The only time I have to try to fix this issue is on sundays.

3. instead of being civil you have both decided that the best tactic is to be insulting.

4. I did not forget to post the information which is requested by the link provided I simply have not had the time to get and post it.

I supposed I should have know better than post a request for suggestions or help on a forum. It seems to bring out trolls and people whose lives are so lack luster that they feel the need to insult others in order to make themselves feel better about their worthless lives.

It occurs to me that civility and politeness are sadly missing in today's world.

Well it occurs to me that nobody can be bothered to actually help themselves and EXPECT instant answers.

I supposed I should have know better than post a request for suggestions or help on a forum. It seems to bring out trolls and people whose lives are so lack luster that they feel the need to insult others in order to make themselves feel better about their worthless lives.

Nooooo Not at all ..... Only the ones that deserve it!!

Archived