wow great speeds

rustysmoove

How are you achieving this, I'm on torrents with several hundred seeders and peers and yet all I get is 10-20kBs. I'm on 4Mb cable.

Edit:

I'm downloading the same torrent with Azureus and getting speeds up to 200kbs. So what should I be doing to get my speed up?

How are you achieving this, I'm on torrents with several hundred seeders and peers and yet all I get is 10-20kBs. I'm on 4Mb cable.

Edit:

I'm downloading the same torrent with Azureus and getting speeds up to 200kbs. So what should I be doing to get my speed up?

1. He's on 100 Mbit. You're on 4 Mbit. You can't reach those levels.

2. If you're using a router, check the port forwarding. Azureus and µTorrent don't use the same ports.

Man, with a 4Mbit net he sould be able to download around 500 KB per sec. That's far from 10-20, so think before posting...

Cain first read wat Lyco said.

Now, the guy above was not saying he cdnt reach higher speeds. Wat he meant was even if he maxed out his 4mbit connection, he cdnt reach a 100mbit connection. Pretty easy stuff to understand. U dont need to think abt these kinda of things, maybe u shd just read abit carefully next time.

Now, the guy above was not saying he cdnt reach higher speeds. Wat he meant was even if he maxed out his 4mbit connection, he cdnt reach a 100mbit connection. Pretty easy stuff to understand. U dont need to think abt these kinda of things, maybe u shd just read abit carefully next time.
I understand that, but I believe tkout knows exactly how much speed he can achieve. ;) The answer sould be the same that you and LycoLoco said.

But no offense! Peace. :)

6.7mb/s!!!! i'm happy when i get 67kB/s

but whatever phaser is on, he can burn in hell, not only is he downloading an illegal torrent, hence the blurred out name, but he is not uploading nearly what he should be. if he's really on a 100mbit connection, he should have very high upload and be able to give back what he receives

also...when does utorrent go from shwoing in kb to mb? that looks kind of photoshopped when you take into account that 100mbit connections dont exist, unless you are counting dual T1/T3...but you'd have to be a millionaire to afford personal dual T1/T3 line

6.7mb/s!!!! i'm happy when i get 67kB/s

but whatever phaser is on, he can burn in hell, not only is he downloading an illegal torrent, hence the blurred out name, but he is not uploading nearly what he should be. if he's really on a 100mbit connection, he should have very high upload and be able to give back what he receives

also...when does utorrent go from shwoing in kb to mb? that looks kind of photoshopped when you take into account that 100mbit connections dont exist, unless you are counting dual T1/T3...but you'd have to be a millionaire to afford personal dual T1/T3 line

· I'd expect that once the speed gets to 1024KB/s, it'd change to 1MB/s instead.

· There are people who have 100Mbit lines. School campuses, and people offshore have fast connections (Sweden, if I'm not mistaken, has a lot of fast broadband users).

· It doesn't matter what phaser is downloading (and is rather off topic). Don't make assumptions as to why he's blocking the name of the file. It's the same as saying that all people who plead the Fifth (Amendment -- US Bill of Rights) are guilty, when it's not necessarily the case. People wish to have their privacy, so if they want to protect it, let them...

wow, i am really starting to hate bittorrenting

use azureus, and have your computer be sucked of all its power for one application...use utorrent and get horrible speeds while everyone else gets fast speeds....

i hate looking in the peerlist and see all these guys flying by on the torrent at over 100k/s while i sit at like 7....

use azureus, and have your computer be sucked of all its power for one application...use utorrent and get horrible speeds while everyone else gets fast speeds....

Wouldn't the middle option be to use bitcomet then? :P

Hi there goosey, long time no speak.

Wouldn't the middle option be to use bitcomet then? :P

Hi there goosey, long time no speak.

hey, funny we'd meet again here of all places...anyway (oh i got you as a friend on digg.com when i learned you were on there so add me too)

and yeah, i am gonna try bitcomet a little more...maybe after i get the torrents im d/l'ing now done

ive had bad luck trying to start torrents up again on other clients....but it would seem that any speeds would be better than what im getting on utorrent

(4GB torrent has been going for nearly 3 days now and it just now hitting 80%...thats like 20k/s average, horrible)

One time, my torrent got up to 100kb plus, just once. My max net speed is 385kb down, and 20'ish up. On other clients, like just regular old bittorrent, id average 100kbps down, almost always. Right now, Im downloading a file with 1000+ seeders, and around 4000+ leachers. Im going 20kbps (if im lucky) and have been downloading for 3+ days. This is kind of depressing, but id rather free up the ram than be impatient.

One time, my torrent got up to 100kb plus, just once. My max net speed is 385kb down, and 20'ish up. On other clients, like just regular old bittorrent, id average 100kbps down, almost always. Right now, Im downloading a file with 1000+ seeders, and around 4000+ leachers. Im going 20kbps (if im lucky) and have been downloading for 3+ days. This is kind of depressing, but id rather free up the ram than be impatient.

same situation here....20kb/s if im lucky with thousands of peers....very depressing i might add since i am on a 3mbit connection!

The utlimate download speed has a lot to do with the peerlist you get from the tracker. It is a random selection, so YMMV. That being said, uTorrent seems to do the BitTorrent random unchoking properly to find the best group of four peers to upload to based on how much they share with you. The only place we could improve is if we can successfully connect with more peers from the tracker list, especially seeders, and if we make our upload/download TCP handlers as efficient as possible. Since our peers are using the same algorithm as us to decide who to allocate bandwidth to, whatever client makes most efficient use of the bandwidth on your machine will probably give you the best download speed.

:D utorrent is awesome!!! I get 65kbps downloads in my 512kbps DSL connection. YAY! This torrent thingy used to be so confusing for me... that's why i use limewire wherein which i only get 10kbps max! ...yeah, i know!... but utorrent makes it so sweet easy!!! (is this sounding like a friggin' TV commercial???) LOL

:!: w00t for utorrent! it totally r0x0rzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Archived