Unable to use Webui & remote.utorrent.com

vze2mp9g

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Win 7 SP1 32-bit. I've been using uTorrent for the past 8 or 9 years. My current version of uTorrent is 3.3.2 build 2997. I have webui.zip in the %AppData%\utorrent\ directory, I have the correct password under preferences, and when I log on to remote.utorrent.com, type in my computer name and password (the one I use in utorrent preferences), and I'm unable to connect. I cannot even use http://localhost:8080/gui/. Have any ideas I could try to trouble shoot this minor problem? Need more information, just ask. I know it's more than likely a minor thing I over looked. I appreciate any and all assistance you may supply.

Thank You. :/

ps this is from the logger, not much info.

[2013-08-25 17:07:18] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

[2013-08-25 17:07:18] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2013-08-25 17:08:25] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

[2013-08-25 17:08:25] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2013-08-25 17:09:48] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

[2013-08-25 17:09:48] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2013-08-25 17:10:59] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

[2013-08-25 17:10:59] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

What do your WebUI settings look like in µTorrent?

Okay, here is a quick screen shot:

uTorrent-WebUI_zps9445a695.jpg

and here is my uTorrent Remote:

uTorrent-Remote_zps028afece.jpg

Anything else you might need? Sorry to take so long in replying, mom is in the hospital.

Thanks

Do you actually use port 8080 as your regular BitTorrent listening port? If not, then you shouldn't be connecting to localhost:8080 to access WebUI.

The port must either be the regular BitTorrent listening port, or if you've enabled an alternative listening port in the WebUI settings (which you haven't in the screenshot), then use that port.

FYI this has nothing to do with Remote though. I don't know what to make of that part of your problem.

Archived