Auto Open .cue File on download completion?

dukestravels07

my downloads consist of the following:

A large file and a small cue file that I open first in order to extract the contents of the bigger file.

I am looking for some way to have utorrent automatically open just the cue file of a download.

i basically need something set up that will auto sense a cue file in the download folder and open it with its default program i can handle the rest from there. thanks!

to have utorrent automatically open just the cue file of a download

A: BitTorrent clients can only open metadata files.

need something set up that will auto sense a cue file in the download folder

B: BitTorrent clients do not have a concept of "files" in the payload.

You will have to develop your own application or script to do all that, and call that when a job finishes.

to have utorrent automatically open just the cue file of a download

A: BitTorrent clients can only open metadata files.

need something set up that will auto sense a cue file in the download folder

B: BitTorrent clients do not have a concept of "files" in the payload.

You will have to develop your own application or script to do all that' date=' and call that when a job finishes.[/quote']

i need it to call my default app for cue files and open the cue just downloaded. i do not need it to open it directly. i know utorrent can only open metadata files on its own.

theres a script that does it with rar files, calling on winrar.

do you have a link to these batch scripts?

Could I draw your attention to ......

Then YOU write a script

Failing that' date=' write an R.F.P. and we'll quote you on it.[/quote']

Could you elaborate some more on this?

What computer language would the script be in so that utorrent can read it and execute it!??

What computer language would the script be in so that utorrent can read it and execute it!??
Any you prefer, that your machine can run. Batch, WSH or Python if you have it installed.

uTorrent doesn't execute external scripts or applcations, it simply invokes them from a command line that you enter in the appropriate boxes in preferences or in the properties of an individual job.

Any you prefer' date=' that your machine can run. Batch, WSH or Python if you have it installed.

uTorrent doesn't execute external scripts or applcations, it simply invokes them from a command line that you enter in the appropriate boxes in preferences or in the properties of an individual job.[/quote']

no offence mate, but you don't seem to know what you are doing.

ive seen it run scripts on a mates machine :rolleyes:

Well yes it does, did you bother to read HOW it does that BEFORE declaring I know knothing?

And to save you the trouble of having to find the user manual and read it, the relevant pages are reproduced below.

A global script call for ALL torrents.

run-script-global.png

For a single torrent

run-script-single.png

That one is found by selecting a job, opening the context menu and selecting -> Properties -> Advanced.

The switches passed in the COMMAND LINE are the same for both script calls.

LOL :o

This was fun but I'm done playing.

All I will say is that someone who so obviously detests giving technical support should not be doing it as a pass time.

cya :lol:

Well yes it does, did you bother to read HOW it does that BEFORE declaring I know knothing?

And to save you the trouble of having to find the user manual and read it, the relevant pages are reproduced below.

A global script call for ALL torrents.

http://ciaobaby.info/screenshots/utorrent/gui/user-manual/run-script-global.png

For a single torrent

http://ciaobaby.info/screenshots/utorrent/gui/user-manual/run-script-single.png

That one is found by selecting a job, opening the context menu and selecting -> Properties -> Advanced.

The switches passed in the COMMAND LINE are the same for both script calls.

You have all the support these forums can/will provide. It is NOT a uTorrent specific question and nobody here writes code on request. So if you thought somebody was going to provide you with ALL the scripts needed you were:

A: Barking up the wrong tree

OR

B: Asking in the wrong place.

Edit to add:

Try the Foobar2000 forums they might write some code for you .... ... maybe.

Archived