"No Incoming Connections" for Wireless Network

MokuMoku

Basically, I have two ways that I could connect to the internet. Through my modem and through the wifi tethering of my phone.

Whenever I connect my modem (DSL), the connection is okay. The symbol at the lower right corner of the client is a green circle.

I disconnect the modem and connect to the hotspot of my phone. It is now a yellow triangle showing No Incoming Connections.

I downloaded a port checker. Whenever I'm connected to the modem, it says that the port is properly working and is open for others. Whenever I'm connected to the wifi, it says that that SAME PORT NUMBER is NOT open.

Why does this happen? Does this have to do with port forwarding? If it is properly forwarded for the modem, how come it's not for the wifi tethering?

Does this have to do with network configuration? What configuration is wrong? The client? The wifi?

I'm kinda frustrated because I want to download through the connection through the wifi because it's more than 20x faster than my modem net speed. (When I download files from the net. But when I download files from utorrent, it is reversed. My modem, which is at a snail speed of 40KBps, is faster than the now 4KBps speed of the wifi.)

Can somebody explain this to me please? :(

If it is properly forwarded for the modem, how come it's not for the wifi tethering?

Because "tethering" using a mobile phone as a modem doesn't have ports that CAN be forwarded. Port forwarding is for ROUTERS not modems.

The wifi?
The provider is blocking and/or throttling peer to peer connections.

Because "tethering" using a mobile phone as a modem doesn't have ports that CAN be forwarded. Port forwarding is for ROUTERS not modems.

This means that ONLY routers are involved in port forwarding and not modems. Am I correct? I feel so stupid. LOL.

The provider is blocking and/or throttling peer to peer connections.

This means that it is not in my power to fix this throttling thing. Am I correct? :(

Or is there a way to "go around it"? >:)

Archived