Very slow upload speed and low number of peers.

Totarian

In the past, I do have upload speeds of 400 kB/s to 1.0 mB/s for popular torrents.

But now, my upload speeds is either nil or just a few kB/s.

I checked the peers I have for the torrents, most of my torrents have an oddly low number of peers now, either 0 or just 2-3. Is this weird ?

Edit : Just tried torrenting Ubuntu 13.04 . My download speed is as per normal, but my upload speed is horrible. 0-15 kB/s . How can it be possible that Ubuntu has only 1 active peer ? My utorrent shows 1 (689) under the Peers column.

Any help is appreciated.

Just tried torrenting Ubuntu 13.04 . My download speed is as per normal, but my upload speed is horrible.

Well, yes it would be, BECAUSE there are more than enough connectable seeds. So your peer is not required to carry a large part of the workload.

I checked the peers I have for the torrents, most of my torrents have an oddly low number of peers now, either 0 or just 2-3. Is this weird ?
No.

Client Version AND build???

Well, yes it would be, BECAUSE there are more than enough connectable seeds. So your peer is not required to carry a large part of the workload.

Oh I see, didn't think about it that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Guess I have to find some other torrents to further increase my total ratio to achieve my target of 3.00 .

No.

Client Version AND build???

uTorrent 3.31, build 33017 32-bit .

Archived