Download arbitrarily stops - utorrent must be force quit and restarted

maximusthaler

Hi. Im running utorrent 3.3.1 build 30017 on windows 8. I first noticed this bug after the latest software update, but I ran into the identical problem when i re-installed the 3.3.0 build.

Heres what happens:

I'll start utorrent, and my downloads begin smoothly. After some period of time, about a couple of hours, my download speeds drop to under 2 kbps, no matter what the health of the running torrents.

After this point, utorrent cannot be exited out of. I can command the program to quit, but although it leaves the list of active applications, a background utorrent process persists in the task manager. After ive commanded it to quit (file, quit) the program cannot be restarted. (Clicking on the utorrent icon does nothing) The background process persists but no new window opens up.

If i force quit the background process through the task manager, I can then go ahead and reopen utorrent and my downloads begin again at full speed, although they have to recheck due to the unexpected force quit. Downloads go well for a while, but after a few hours speeds drop off and the process begins again...

Ive been dealing with this problem for about two weeks.

I've been using utorrent for many years but ive never come across bug symptoms so specific and mysterious. Any ideas?

Hi. Im running utorrent 3.3.1 build 30017 on windows 8. I first noticed this bug after the latest software update, but I ran into the identical problem when i re-installed the 3.3.0 build.

... [snip]

I've been using utorrent for many years but ive never come across bug symptoms so specific and mysterious. Any ideas?

The problem has been discussed here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=135596

The only solution I've managed to get from it that seems to work for me is to simple run uTorrent.exe as admin (you can set it that way in properties as well). Somewhat annoying, and hopefully fixes it until they fix it.

• 1 month later...

Archived