Did I break it?

rmmccoy

:/

Okay, I'm new and you can make fun of me. I had uTorrent running along I thought okay but I needed to stop it for a different download. I am still trying to do the little things like figure out how to quit. I highlighted all the torrents in the list and clicked on stop. That seemed to work so I exited the program.

I went over to the other downloading task and rebooted. UTorrent came up but the torrents were in an entirely different order and they were all stopped. Or maybe that happened when I tried to start them. I am thoroughly confused now and have no idea what I did. The columns for down speed, up speed, and ETA are all blank. The seeds/peers column mostly has that little infinity symbol, or 0.000, or some of them have actual numbers like 27.000, 14.666, or 0.384, just to give you a few examples.

Right now the status on all the torrents is either stopped or checked with 0.0% in both cases. I've played a little with the bandwidth, queuing and it has not to no avail. I am stumped and not going to touch this until I get a response.

UTorrent came up but the torrents were in an entirely different order
Right now the status on all the torrents is either stopped or checked with 0.0% in both cases

2 +2 = You didn't quite wait long enough for uTorrent to shut down completely and "save state" so it loaded a previous dat file.

Yeah, it is going again. I don't know how much this affected the problem but I discovered that the drive I put the torrent directories on has a little problem waking up. So I "encourage" it and then I can start the torrents and not get the message that it can't find the file. :rolleyes:

Archived