No IncomingConnections.

otter2208

Hello - I just started having problems - I get a yellow triangle at the bottom right saying no incoming connections. I have gone to setup, chosen the closest city and ran the tests - both get the green check-mark so I save and close but triangle stays there. I made some torrent files to send to some clients due to the file size. I sent them the download link and many time I can see that I quit seeding. It was working fine for a while but now it quits seeding. I even sent the link to my laptop, I downloaded it there and it quits seeding also. Any idea how to fix this. Before you answer please keep in mind I am BRAND NEW so lamens terms would be great! Thanks in advance!

I don't have an "attitude", I am simply asking bluntly that you provide the necessary information.

To have an "attitude" with someone requires that;

A: That I actually know you.

and

B: That I am actually interested in your problem.

Therefore if YOU can't be bothered to provide the information that WILL allow YOUR problem to be diagnosed have fun struggling with it.

I don't have an "attitude", I am simply asking bluntly that you provide the necessary information.

To have an "attitude" with someone requires that;

A: That I actually know you.

and

B: That I am actually interested in your problem.

Therefore if YOU can't be bothered to provide the information that WILL allow YOUR problem to be diagnosed have fun struggling with it.

Already got it fixed so piss off - now you can go back to bothering others with your annoyance.

Yep! Being blunt and to the point it is not "attitude", having an 'attitude' requires an emotional involvement of some sort and a desire to illict or provoke a reaction from the other.

Already got it fixed so piss off - now you can go back to bothering others with your annoyance.

Now THAT's having an 'attitude', a childish one certainly, but an attitude nonetheless. I don't believe you will find any posts where I used any form of profanity or verbally insulted anyone. There has been several aimed at me but they are just words and unless I actually know that person and/or they know me those words have no meaning beyond the dictionary definition, so are of no importance.

Condescending maybe!...

Talking down to people is NOT an admirable characteristic especially when you're here to help and teach!

Patience, understanding and explainations is key here also.

I know you can't and won't satisfy all the masses but the effort will be much more appreciated from the ones you help!

Thanks for listening!

Condescending maybe!...
Little choice on that really, in so many case getting someone to read the other threads, that may not answer their question to the letter, but will give them a point of reference to look further, thus leading to them actually learning something is next to impossible, or, as in this thread the TS does NOT appear to understand that the idea is for him or her to go and LOOK for the answer they need, instead they start complaining that the answer wasn't spoon-fed to them, and then of course, act like a petulant child then wonder why they are treated like one!

I'd love to answer a thread that shows the questioner at least thought about why they have a problem, not simply post

"It's not working! Why not!".

That's about the same level asking why the lights are not working during a power outage or asking for a windscreen wiper kit without even saying what make the car is and expecting the exact one they need to handed to them.

The only thing to do is then is try and keep it down to their apparent intellectual level. If people act as if they are stupid, ... Then they should expect to be treated as such.

Common Sense and the ability to grasp different concepts varies from one brain to another.....
EXACTLY!!!!!

Which is WHY my posts appear condescending or patronising. Having been around and involved with bulletin boards, newsgroups, discussion forums, 'blogs', tutorials, etc. etc. for several years I consider OTHER factors, beyond the here and now. So my replies and any information is NOT given solely for the thread originator, but for ANYONE who reads the post today or at some point in the future, who MAY NOT read English very well, may NOT have the same comprehension. There is a principle known as K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid), so I keep it 'dumbed down' for them.

Just to illustrate my point of,

There has been several aimed at me
don't listen to this idiot douchebag, A VPN encrypts ALL data at your computer and tunnels it straight to your vpn then out to the internet world. The ONLY thing your ISP will see is that you are communicating to one location only. Thats it. They can not even tell what type of traffic it is torrent or otherwise. You might ask "will this make me look like a target to my ISP" hell no. tons of companies use vpns so employees can linkup wherever they are.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=749874#p749874

From someone who thinks that his (and it must be a male) computer is physically connected directly to the Internet backbone and the data does not have to be routed through the ISP's systems BEFORE it reaches the VPN provider.

Archived