Create Subfolder for single file torrents

OmNia

I was hoping to find a way to force uTorrent to create a subfolder for all torrents. Currently it creates a folder with the name of the torrent and places the files in that folder ONLY if the torrent has multiple files. What I would like is for uTorrent to do that with all torrents, not just ones with more than one file.

I've been googling for about two hours now and all I can seem to find are people complaining they want this feature disabled completely. I want the exact opposite. I want this feature enabled for all my torrents. Is this even possible in my current version of uTorrent?

uTorrent 3.3.1 (build 30017)

people complaining they want this feature disabled completely. I want the exact opposite.

And what do you suggest to do when this is so?...

I suggest to make this sub-folder selection open (not grayed) and at the same time persistent/remembered between sessions.

There's no reason to completely remove a feature. A few quick settings in the Directories tab and everyone could have exactly what they want. I just was not sure if there was already a way to achieve what I want.

I did find a couple posts the claimed if you left a trailing blackslash at the end of your downloads directory setting it would make a sub folder for every torrent. Clearly, that turned out to be false and so I posted here.

I have been searching to the answer to this for a while. I find this a bit ridiculous that their is no option to enable this for single file downloads. Creating a folder allows software like XBMC, sickbeard, couch potato to recognize what I downloaded. When a single file exists I have to manually create the folder.

• 2 weeks later...
people complaining they want this feature disabled completely. I want the exact opposite.

And what do you suggest to do when this is so?...

I suggest to make this sub-folder selection open (not grayed) and at the same time persistent/remembered between sessions.

This, OMG, THIS. While I have found a number of related posts where 'pseudo-moderator" CiaoBaby's response has been curt, rude, and condescending at the worst, completely irrelevant and non-informative at best, Rafi is the first person to respond with a correct assessment of the situation, and the best possible answer: MAKE IT A USER-SELECTABLE OPTION. I have been trying to find a way to have the "create subfolder" default be to NOT create subfolders for months.

I often find that a torrent will contain many unwanted files, so I must select none, then choose the files I want. Then after selecting just one or two files, have to go over and DEselect create subfolder. I prefer to keep all downloaded files in the root of the directory in which I choose to place them, always, so this becomes tedious after a dozen or so times.

If I want to set this as a default action, is there any other way to affect the state of the checkbox?

Using version 3.3.1 Build 30017

Also, I had serious complications in trying to register on this forum. First, I was called a spammer and denied access, and then I was told my email was blocked, and so had to use another email address for a purpose for which it wasn't intended, so I hope your spam protections are as valid as you claim. I love using uTorrent, but this has all been kind of a distasteful user experience. I was just trying to ask a simple question and it has taken me far too long to pose it, much less receive an answer

Anyway, any help or information would be appreciated in trying to eliminate these issues.

Sincerely,

Keyrlis

EDIT: So, just to clarify, this IS still a request for a feature, or a complaint/bug report.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, deeply and sincerely, for the fix offered here, in the newer 3.3.2 version. The efficiency of motion is much higher now, and makes for simpler adding of torrents in large groups.

Fix: Persist the Create Subfolder setting within the add torrent dialog

Archived