Probably the weirdest problem I've ever come across on a computer.

SuperInfinity

I recently changed from vuze to utorrent, because vuze is a memory hog, sometimes a cpu hog, and no matter how much I tried to kill it when I terminated the program it still stayed in memory.

All appeared to go well for a while with utorrent, however now I am facing one of the weirdest problems I have ever faced!

I might be watching one movie, say Commando. And woah! woah! wtf??? suddenly an episode of Mad Men would randomly start playing on the screen instead. And then it alternates between Commando and Mad Men for the rest of the video.

The same happens with trying to watch various other video files.... everything would go file for a while, and suddenly part of a completely different video comes up. I can't see a pattern to it, I can't for the life of me work out why it should be happening or how it should be happening.

I guess that's the problem alright. However it's not the "derr" problem you make it sound like, this program is extremely unresponsive for me and I'm nearly sure it said the files were 100% completed and this still happened. And sometimes it seems like a torrent has to start downloading all over again. What I've experienced before with uncompleted files was that they just wouldn't play, or else go blank, never that a completely random different video file that was on the disk would be played. Very weird. Possibly they are video files I deleted but weren't "shredded" so still parts of them are technically there and in avi sequence.

Archived