Malwarebytes Pro doesn't like uTorrent

csutak40

I have been happily using uTorrent for years. It is seeding as I write this

I just purchased Malwarebytes Pro (have also been using the free version for a long time, but got convinced that the Pro version has advantages).

No sooner did the install finish, when these warnings started popping up in the taskbar. It was no mean feat getting a screen dump of some of them. Impossible to read, they disappear too fast. Managed to catch a few of them: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/slp169fyu2o0y7h/EyauHhO8Oc

I can't find a report from Malwarebytes anywhere, to get a list of all the ones it keeps finding. And, it keeps finding them! One every few minutes. So, now I don't know if this is something to worry about (that is, are these really malicious websites?) or are they false positives?

And, either way, what do I do? Malwarebytes does have an "IgnoreList" but to use that, I would have to find the list of these things it keeps finding

Sorry, I'm new here, please be nice! :/

I don't think it is paranoia, but it is a bit annoying to have these popups every few minutes. I have now stopped all the ones seeding, there is only one more running that is still downloading. The IP addresses are not the ones that Malwarebytes keeps finding.

If I was paranoid, I'd stop using uTorrent all together. I was simply asking what can I do to fix it

DWK means Malwarebytes is being overparanoid, not you. You need to find out how to set Malwarebytes to ignore the connections that uTorrent is making, try asking their support.

I already answered this in my post. Disable website blocking, or just the tooltips if they are annoying you as explained in the link I posted..done deal. :)

Archived