How do I load up 2 of the same torrent?

Invy

I need to seed a file to two different _private_ trackers. But I don't want to remove one of them. I did it once before but I completely forgot how I went about doing it. And I know it's possible because I see a dupe torrent open in my utorrent right this moment...

When I add a torrent that's already opened in uTorrent it tells me that the torrent already exists (obviously) and if I answer 'yes' it puts both tracker urls under one torrent properties but it screws up the stats tracking I think. And if I answer 'no' it cancels the torrent-load.

Sorry if this has been asked before but searching would be too general and I would have to search through pages of results.

tia

Hmm.. you were right. The info hashes were indeed different.

One said pieces: 787 x 128 kB and the other said pieced: 394 x 256 kB. If you do the math, one of them is 128 kB smaller than the other. I wonder where the 128 KB went though.

First of all, HI!

When I add a torrent that's already opened in uTorrent it tells me that the torrent already exists (obviously) and if I answer 'yes' it puts both tracker urls under one torrent properties but it screws up the stats tracking I think.

Does it? If I have one .torrent and two private trackers and im seeding torrent to both, what will happen with my ratio on each tracker?

And should I put tracker URLs one by one with a blank line or without any?

I tried to search for answer but i didn't get any which I could understand. :(

I would say that is screws up stat tracking pretty badly, because utorrent can't distinguish which peer it got from which private tracker. It would then report stats for total upload (to peers of both trackers) to both trackers which would effectively double your upload and qualify as a ratio cheat.

IMHO the simplest sollution to this problem is creating 2 different torrents (add some short tag to the end of the torrent filename) using the same files.

If utorrent however does distinguish which tracker it got the peers from and reports the upload stats correctly just adding a second announce url to the torrent would work just fine.

I hope this helps :)

• 11 months later...

---------------------------

µTorrent

The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?

Yes No

This has to be seriously to fixed IMO.

I would say that is screws up stat tracking pretty badly, because utorrent can't distinguish which peer it got from which private tracker. It would then report stats for total upload (to peers of both trackers) to both trackers which would effectively double your upload and qualify as a ratio cheat. --- Very correct.

So risky losing accounts in hard earned invite only torrent sites.

Why cannot µTorrent support adding two torrents separately without trying to merge trackers?

• 1 year later...

Archived