proxy support for peer to peer communications

vijayanand12003

microuser, more like you didn't read the post by Selkie that was posted before mine.

He asked for full proxy support, which means that he wanted proxy for download and upload to,

not just proxy for tracker and peer communication.

And people who use proxy for P2P usually use it as protection against anti-p2p companies.

He asked for full proxy support, which means that he wanted proxy for download and upload to,

please explain what the differnce between "download and upload" und "peer communication" is?

i meant full as in "every aspect of communication done by the client"

Now, maybe you did read the posts, but as i can see from the statement above u have no idea about bt protocol and proxying .... or maybe just a vague idea.

And people who use proxy for P2P usually use it as protection against anti-p2p companies.

Really ?? I don't think so, proxy protocols were born to pass through (or bypass, in my case bypass) firewalls and content filtering which protects private LAN's not from anti-p2p but from hackers, crackers, viruses, worms, etc., or just to stop users from LAN to use p2p.

Also it is not excluded to use proxy to hide your real ip, but is not the main goal of proxying.

Good question Selkie! Boo please respond! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It has a free trial so it doesnt matter where you download it from, you will still have to pay after x amount of days. I'm just asking for a mirror.

EDIT: Luckily my flatmate is Chinese... If you cant find the program email me and I will send you the link to the new homepage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont like this since i know people who uses the option in azureus/bitcomet and whatever others to cheat on private sites, since they connect with one ip to the site and download the .torrent but downloading with proxy automatically says they arent downloading in the site, they normally do that as a leecher option, i hate it, but ohhh well, i guess being needed for people who can't connect to peers by themself well that should be implemented :/

This will be a great feature for me. My ISP has a very small transfer cap per month if I connect directly but if I go through a proxy then it's unlimited, even though the proxy server belongs to them and is part of the subscription service, which seems ridiculous to me but that's the way it is. :)

Archived