Utorrent Icon not appearing in system tray

xarinlemox

Hello,

I have just made a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Ultimate SP2 (64-bit) and installed the latest utorrent (v3.3.1 build 30017) on it. I am unable to see the utorrent icon in the system tray (the area in lowest right hand corner of the screen ) when I minimize utorrent application.

Can anyone suggest any solution ?:P

Thanks in advance

Xarin

As with many Windows problems

Set the Icon to hide and [ OK ] that.

Then

Set it to Show and [ OK ] that.

Then see if it has resolved the problem.

I tried that , but it did not work.

=========================

So i unchecked all the settings in Utorrent>preferences>UI>System Tray, applied changes and minimized utorrent. It minimized to taskbar as expected. Next I checked all the settings in Utorrent>preferences>UI>System Tray, and then minimized. Now it is working properly.

Lets hope it stays good.

How to Reset the Notification Area Icons Cache in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

This .bat file will confirm with you to kill the explorer.exe process, delete the registry keys [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify] IconStreams and PastIconsStream, restart the explorer.exe process, and confirm with you to restart the computer.

Download bat file here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/246324d1355951211-notification-area-icons-reset-reset_notification_area_icons_cache.bat

• 8 months later...

I tried that , but it did not work.

=========================

So i unchecked all the settings in Utorrent>preferences>UI>System Tray, applied changes and minimized utorrent. It minimized to taskbar as expected. Next I checked all the settings in Utorrent>preferences>UI>System Tray, and then minimized. Now it is working properly.

Lets hope it stays good.

It worked!!  Thamks!!

Archived