limit to 90%

mobin.seven

hi everyone

I'm not new to torrent but I newly registered here.

Is there any way to limit the download/upload speed to (for example)90% of maximum internet speed?

the problem is when I go to places with different internet speeds the utorrent client uses the max. speed and no bandwidth remains for the other applications . If I set a limit ,it will be unusable in another place.

thanks

"the problem is when I go to places with different internet speeds the utorrent client uses the max"

Free bandwidth is shared and constantly changing. If you're somewhere where there are other people using the network, there isn't much you can do. There is no such thing as "90%" of bandwidth unless you have dedicated bandwidth.

The next best thing is to set the target send and receive ping to something lower, like 100ms. This will cause uTorrent to back-off more quickly when it detects congestion.

Press [start]+R -> type in 'calc' press [Enter]

Type in your upload speed (in KB/s) (use speedtest.net to find it out) then

÷ 10 * 9 =

let me explain more clearer to avoid such answers. At home I have (for example)1Mbps dedicated bandwidth. I want utorrent to use 90% of maximum tested download rate(Of course we can calculate it with calculators!!! ). At another place I have (for example)2Mbps dedicated bandwidth and I want utorrent to do the same(Of course we can calculate it with calculators too!!!). is there any way to do anything like this or not? In other words I want utorrent to use 90% of a variable download rate.

let me explain more clearer to avoid such answers.
Excellent idea!
is there any way to do anything like this or not? In other words I want utorrent to use 90% of a variable download rate.
No

Alternatively, run the setup guide (Ctrl+G) each time you change location which does those calculations for you.

Archived