Public Release Date?

JDLucas2000

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a small script aswell, if anyone is interested.

on *:CONNECT:{
if ($network == p2p-irc.net) {
if ($usermode != +r) { msg NickServ identify mypassword }
if ($me !ison #utorrent-webui) { msg ChanServ invite #utorrent-webui }
}
}
on *:INVITE:#utorrent-webui:{ if ($network == p2p-irc.net) { join $chan } }

Change 'mypassword' to your password.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an updated release date?

I really would like to use utorrent, cause it's damn fast and small. But i need to control it via webinterface.

Using Azureus at the moment but this ist very very big and the java-webui is damn slow :(

Well, well this is damn silly game. I definitly don't understand this. WEBUI should be released month ago, even beta state - an marked as such. What was good for utorrent isn't good for WEBUI anymore.

Some of us don't have any alternatives. There Torrent Flux (it don't run well on Windows 2003, on some roots it will not work, whatever you do) and there Azureus. Azureus is java based client and you feel this everywhere, it's hungry and it's slow, it's like a fat bone).

I hope dev rehink this and release it finally. Or there altenatives? Im looking for not java based client with webcontrol... Torrent Flux would be fine but can't use it...

@Martin: Two issues:

1. It's much better to use the server-defined aliases /cs and /ns because those are mapped to the services link and aren't subject to nick spoofing and you're much less likely to send your password to someone masquerading as a service.

2. If you still insist on using msg, use .msg instead of just msg or /msg because then it'll squelch the default echo response. That way, if someone decides to glance at your screen, your password isn't lying there in plaintext out in the open.

EDIT by silverfire: Spaced out for organization, and fixed a most likely caffiene-deprivation-caused typo.

@Martin: Two issues:

1. It's much better to use the server-defined aliases /cs and /ns because those are mapped to the services link and aren't subject to nick spoofing and you're much less likely to send your password to someone masquerading as a service.

2. If you still insist on using msg, use .msg instead of just msg or /msg because then it'll squelch the default echo response. That way, if someone decides to glance at your screen, your password isn't lying there in plaintext out in the open.

EDIT by silverfire: Spaced out for organization, and fixed a most likely caffiene-deprivation-caused typo.

Thanks, this will come in handy when writing other scripts. :)

Well, well this is damn silly game. I definitly don't understand this. WEBUI should be released month ago, even beta state - an marked as such. What was good for utorrent isn't good for WEBUI anymore.

Some of us don't have any alternatives. There Torrent Flux (it don't run well on Windows 2003, on some roots it will not work, whatever you do) and there Azureus. Azureus is java based client and you feel this everywhere, it's hungry and it's slow, it's like a fat bone).

I hope dev rehink this and release it finally. Or there altenatives? Im looking for not java based client with webcontrol... Torrent Flux would be fine but can't use it...

I totally second this!

Wait, who decided it was supposed to be released a month ago? Certainly none of you, and certainly not Directrix. From the last build I tested, there were still issues with the code that made it unsuitable for release even as beta. There are problems with lists containing a lot of items, and I'm sure everyone's going to end up complaining about the same issues, regardless of whether we provide some kind of disclaimer or list of known issues. If you're afraid that he's ready to give up on it, stop worrying.

Well, the only fix for that is writing an api so anyone can do a Web Interface or that some other out there uses reverse engineering to make an alternative to Directrix work. I don't see any of this happening because the first one is work none wants to do and the second is work most developers won't see a benefit for as there is someone already working on it and they know it takes time to get something usable (even if not bug free).

just want to let you know of an alternative if you really need a torrent client with a webUI right now:

http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.php (the webui is a seperate download, the link is on the page)

The webui is very simple and doesn't allow you as much control as uTorrent's upcomming webui does, but at least you can add\stop\start torrents.. ABC is also not written in Java, so it's not that slow (actually, considering it's python, it's pretty fast).

Hope it helps. Be sure to change back to uTorrent when the webui comes out, cause it's awesome :) And the ABC WebUI has been unchanged for years.

Archived