Downloads going to wrong place.

Robert the Bruce

I have a very small Hard-Drive Capacity on my PC and so I use an external HD for torrent downloads. However, to-day I noticed that my new torrent downloads are downloading to my PC hard-drive instead of my external hard-drive. I have looked all over the utorrent screen (inter-face or whatever you call it) and can't see anywhere a method of telling the downloads where to go, in this case my external hard-drive. Don't understand why things can just switch like this. Someone help please.

Also, since I posted this topic I decided to uninstall/remove and then re-install utorrent. But after installation I ended up with a new toolbar which I didn't want. I'm always very careful when downloading program's so I don't know how I've ended up with this new toolbar. Now I can't get rid of it. I even uninstalled utorrent again, re-started my PC but the toolbar was still there. So now I have a new problem, how do I get rid of this toolbar ?

Preferences -> Directories

uTorrent has a built-in User Manual (press F! to find it) that explains how to set it up and use it

I'm always very careful when downloading program's so I don't know how I've ended up with this new toolbar.
At a guess, you simmply were not as careful as you think you are on this occasion.
So now I have a new problem, how do I get rid of this toolbar ?
That depends on what browser. Using Google will pont you in the right direction.

Archived