Just updated to 3.3.1, getting "Connecting to Peers" and "Downloading

DavidSwimmer

Updated to 3.3.1 about an hour ago. Since then, all of my torrents are either "Connecting to Peers" or "Downloading 0.0%." I did some Google'ing about this issue, so I checked Comodo Firewall and Windows Firewall, uTorrent is allowed through on both. Tried disabling Local Peer Discovery and Peer Exchange, to no avail. Speedtest.net has my DL and UL both around 90mb/s. ISP is Comcast.

One of my seven or so torrents has started downloading, but has only reached 0.6% over the last hour, likely due to few seeders. From the research I've done over the last 30 minutes, it looks like 3.3.1 has caused this problem for many people... not saying that 3.3.1 is flawed itself, but clearly its affecting something incorrectly. As people have updated before without having this issue. And the threads I'm seeing don't maintain a consistent solution (some have none at all).

Anyway, any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Edit: Another one started going, at 0.2% now, and the first one to start moving at 0.9%. I'm not sure whether or not uTorrent is functioning properly at just really slow speeds, or if these torrents are an anomaly.

Updated to 3.3.1 about an hour ago. Since then, all of my torrents are either "Connecting to Peers" or "Downloading 0.0%." I did some Google'ing about this issue, so I checked Comodo Firewall and Windows Firewall, uTorrent is allowed through on both. Tried disabling Local Peer Discovery and Peer Exchange, to no avail. ISP is Comcast.

Same problem, and the program was working fine only a week or so ago. I don't understand most of the questions asked or suggestions offered in this topic, though. How do I fix this problem? I've tried other torrents, including ones I know work, but nothing. I've even tried downloading and using older versions of utorrent, but still no.

I don't understand most of the questions asked or suggestions offered in this topic, though. How do I fix this problem?

Start by understanding what HAS already been suggested in this thread, there is little point in repeating it, in the hope that you 'get it' the second or third time around.

I'm not 'mocking' anybody, the help information is already there, HOW can we be responsible for you not understanding it? Of course it could be explained to you as if you were a ten year old, but you would then complain about it being patronising or insulting. These forums are not here as a tutorial site, they exist for client fault finding and reporting, so a basic knowledge of the client operation has to be assumed.

These forums are not here as a tutorial site, they exist for client fault finding and reporting, so a basic knowledge of the client operation has to be assumed.

I suggest you precede such global statements with "I think that"... :P

HOW can we be responsible

And who exactly are "we"? ... speak for yourself!

Archived