Unconnectable... but Seeding! O.O

Jauz

tracker.jpg

¡Hi!

A lot to read around here... have tried to get connectable in one private tracker with not success :( (connectable = able to connect with other and other with you) but the strange thing is the tracker says im seeding the torrents, but intermittently,i mean, one second are there visibles on the tracker (webpage) and the next, gone!

Have tried all the suggestions around this issue, understood that the setup guide is broken, upnp enabled and disabled in both, client and router, change the options in advanced.... etc...

I would appreciate if anyone has other ideas in order to be able to try.

Here is the changes in the options i tried, and was in this very order (and the changes are still as well):

Try using Switeck's conservative settings -- DONE

Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) -- DONE

Try lowering bt.connect_speed to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) -- DONE

Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu -- DONE

Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent) -- DONE

Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection) -- DONE

Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) -- DONE

Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth) -- DONE (40)

Try disabling uTP? (Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5) -- DONE

Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router -- EMTA = Modem with router features.

Restarted µTorrent, computer and modem.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Checking Port 57328...

Port 57328 does not appear to be open.

comic-utorrent3.jpg

comic-utorrent4.jpg

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

comic-utorrent2.jpg

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

AVG Internet Security V2013.0.3408

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

Ubee DVW324 (other numbers i found on the EMTA: YJF5T77; U10C074.70LF; 2104002762-05L3; C333L27502769; DC: 130303)

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Cablemas (Mexico) 10Mbps http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2981454049

Client build number??

Test with an external tool and open it manually if necessary

ALSO there is a fault in current builds that falsely reports the port status in the client and the speed guide.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=140320

IF YOU HAVE SPEED ISSUES READ HERE FIRST Run the Glasnost tests that are linked in the thread.

Client build number??

Test with an external tool and open it manually if necessary

Port changed

portchanged.jpg

Tested

opentport.jpg

opentport1.jpg

worked.jpg

But... NOW

now.jpg

now1.jpg

ALSO there is a fault in current builds that falsely reports the port status in the client and the speed guide.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=140320

Noted.

IF YOU HAVE SPEED ISSUES READ HERE FIRST Run the Glasnost tests that are linked in the thread.

After a long waiting in "Timte to Finish----500 seconds"

glasnot.jpg

And if i try again...

An error occured while measuring your host

Our tool was unable to measure your link

* The connection to the measurement server was lost.

* Please try again by clicking here.

All the red status bars means that a tracker is in error for that job.

Often indicative of anti virus application interference or ISP blocking.

Prune the definitely dead trackers, ... demonoid, pirate bay etc.

And check what the error messages are.

And if i try again...

Which suggests your I.S.P. IS throttling traffic.

Prune the definitely dead trackers, ... demonoid, pirate bay etc.

And check what the error messages are.

Working on it...

And if i try again...

Which suggests your I.S.P. IS throttling traffic.

Found another tool... Hpe that it will be reliable:

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.

Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 64.9.225.153.

Estimating capacity:

Upstream: 983 Kbps.

Downstream: 9717 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.

Median received rate: 970 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.

Median received rate: 9520 Kbps.

For more information' date=' visit: [url']http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe

Prune the definitely dead trackers' date=' ... demonoid, pirate bay etc.

And check what the error messages are.[/quote']

Working on it...

Have no torrent from dead tracker to see the error...

Updated the tracker in uTorrent... and now they are green, but still not connectable...

still.jpg

The icon at the bottom right, jumps between green and yellow

AVG:

avg.jpg

Private tracker, 0 seeds, 0 peers = Nothing is going to happen

If the tracker status is "Working" and shows no cached peer counts you can pretty much assume that the job is 'dead'

That'r rigth... but, i'm 100% sure there is one peer at least in that especified torrent...

Apart from that, the fact that the tracker say i'm unconnectable; what does it mean? 'cause the tracker has a "points" system that "gives/earn" you even when you are not uploading anything and... i'm not earning anything xD (neither uploading)

Thanks for all your responses and attentions.

That'r rigth... but, i'm 100% sure there is one peer at least in that especified torrent...

Not according to the tracker.

you even when you are not uploading anything and... i'm not earning anything xD (neither uploading)

The chances of you keeping up an enforced ratio on 'private' trackers is so close to zero as it will make no difference regardless of what the tracker suggests.

And these forums are for problems with uTorrent only and given that the client can get to the tracker, this isn't a uTorrent problem.

Taken from the error messages listed in the user manual:

In the tracker status, I get "Connection closed by peer"

In general, this error has manifested itself in cases where the user's ISP is interfering with BitTorrent tracker communication. Consult the Bad ISPs list on AzureusWiki to check if your ISP is known to interfere with BitTorrent traffic.

In the tracker status, I get "Connection closed by peer"

In general, this error has manifested itself in cases where the user's ISP is interfering with BitTorrent tracker communication. Consult the Bad ISPs list on AzureusWiki to check if your ISP is known to interfere with BitTorrent traffic.

Those errors are typically caused by injected RST packets. Should be able to just block RST packets. Not sure what else they may be messing with though.

In the tracker status' date=' I get "Connection closed by peer"

In general, this error has manifested itself in cases where the user's ISP is interfering with BitTorrent tracker communication. Consult the Bad ISPs list on AzureusWiki to check if your ISP is known to interfere with BitTorrent traffic.[/quote']

Those errors are typically caused by injected RST packets. Should be able to just block RST packets. Not sure what else they may be messing with though.

So...

peer = me? being that my isp is messing with the connection.

my modem ---> ISP router ---> tracker (obviating all other routers interconnected) The packets are being injected into the router to track my use/ammount of traffic? I'm asking this things 'cause have some friends working there, so maybe if i can prove that these actions are directly interfering with my use, perhaps they will be able to do something.

How can i provide them with evidence?

peer = me?
Not necessarily as peer means one end of the communication
being that my isp is messing with the connection.
Possibly, for a longer explanation of the error, it means;

"Due to external influences the network negotiation with that node was unsuccessful on the specified port"

That could be blocked by ISP or it may be that the tracker is no longer active on that port or protocol.

While the tracker see me seeding and connectable:

TCP 0.0.0.0:24523 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 5764

TCP 0.0.0.0:40005 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2536

TCP [::]:24523 [::]:0 LISTENING 5764

TCP [::]:40005 [::]:0 LISTENING 2536

UDP 0.0.0.0:24523 *:* 5764

After 10 mins, when i'm unconnectable according to the tracker:

TCP 0.0.0.0:24523 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 5764

TCP 0.0.0.0:40005 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2536

TCP [::]:24523 [::]:0 LISTENING 5764

TCP [::]:40005 [::]:0 LISTENING 2536

UDP 0.0.0.0:24523 *:* 5764

Have another torrent client, and its working fine, very good... its the one with 40005 port. If i'm not wrong the forwading config its right. So, this can be a good evidence?

For what

Evidence of they are messing with my connection....

to whom?

To my friends, who are working on my ISP in the Internet area.

But... guess what? another client (dont know if i can say the name) is working nice, perfectly and smooth! now, im connectable to that tracker and to the others. =)

Thanks for anything... and if you want, i can put here the new config, check with you the config to utorernt and try to put utorrent to work :-P

Greetings!

But... guess what? another client (dont know if i can say the name) is working nice,

One more test to do would be to change the uTorrent listen port and forward it at your router, that would assist in showing it as a client problem rather than an external one.

Your netstat results only shows that something is 'listening' on the machine for communication, but is not bound to any network interface, so it cannot 'hear' incoming messages, as where your report shows 0.0.0.0 it should be showing your LAN IP (192.168.nnn.nnn) or the localhost loopback connector (127.0.0.1).

Again this is indicative of a internal problem rather than an external one. Check the logger tab just after client startup to see what IP it is binding to.

Also run netstat with uTorrent closed down to see if there is any conflict for port 40005

Archived