Port open, but utorrent says its not

simillarian

I went to portforward.com and used their software to test my utorrent port. Their software says the port is open on both TCP and UDP. But utorrent keeps showing a yellow exclamation point. When I use utorrent to test the port it says it is closed. My seeds are connecting for a few minutes, but then they disconnect. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

utorrent's setup guide gives my network connection a green check mark but I'm still getting the yellow sign as well. I've tried random ports and different cities and I get the same result. There's one clown on here whose method of offering help is to tell you to read the help guide, which doesn't explain shit.

The setup guide test is broken. Test elsewhere ...

Getting the same problem: yellow "Network" check mark but the PFPortChecker claims my port is open for both TDP and UDP. I'm a rank newby at uTorrent. Do I just proceed as if the port were open?

Thanks for your attention.

The setup guide test is broken. Test elsewhere ...

Thank you for verifying the port test issue.

Okay so, the reason my seeds were disconnecting after a few minutes was because I had UPnP and NAT-PMP port mapping enabled. (router doesn't support)

When I tried forwarding manually, I just assumed that utorrents yellow question mark indication was correct. After I learned there are issues with utorrents port test, I just ignored the yellow exclamation point and left utorrent seeding. To my satisfaction, the peers did not disconnect.

rafi, you have made 3 peers trying to download a 150 gig torrent (of which im the only seed) very happy! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived