uT slowing my computer

CaptCheesequake

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the relevant info.

uTorrent 3.3.1 build 30017

Vipre Antivirus

I downloaded uTorrent, and when I ran it, it took a bit longer to launch than usual, but I shrugged it off and proceeded to try to use it.

When I tried to launch it, it started slowing down my entire system (i.e. Windows Explorer is not responding) and the two times it did open, it opened on the Madonna secret thingy shit (whatever that is) and started downloading it, even if when I performed the initial setup, I opted OUT or rather, not to download it.

I tried to uninstall it multiple times. Slowed down my computer and gave me the uninstall window (the one with the survey, etc.) as I was writing the paragraph above. It's uninstalled now, but I want to know why this happened. I switched to a newer PC just yesterday, but on the older one, it never happened. Always just started up without a hitch.

Oh, and the times I tried to run it and uninstall it, uTorrent.exe appeared in the processes tab of Task Manager, but uTorrent itself was not showing up on my screen

Please help. I don't see any other option for a torrent client aside from uTorrent ;A;

Archived