Utorrent 3.3 Remote Error 503

bodgeup

I have got Utorrent 3.3 running on my Windows Home Server 2011 and am trying to use the remote feature, I set up the settings in preferences and it said "accesable" but when I try to connect via the web client it times out with a 503 error, the server timed out.

Can anyone give me any ideas about what may be wrong? I am using UPNP in Utorrent which is working, I couldn't find out if there are specific ports to forward for remote. But I did find that it uses HTTPS, if this is the case then would it be that WHS has used HTTPS already that the remote will not work?

If anyone can tell me the specific ports that Utorrent remote uses id appreciate it.

Thanks

JK

1 - I'm running V3.3 which isn't that old, the reason for this is because of the tracker I use doesn't allow 3.3.1.

2 - My browser settings are OK as the web browser is fine and ive never had problems, I don't use any proxies so have a direct connection set.

3 - I've gone through my Utorrent preferences several times now to check I've set everything OK, but I cannot find anything wrong and according to Utorrent the Remote set up worked OK as it reports as being accessable.

4 - The only assumption I made about my services is that HTTPS is being used which occupies port 443 and so assumed that if what i read is correct and Utorrent uses the default HTTPS port then that would cause a conflict which I thought might cause an issue. Although I am not certain on this point hence my asking about it in my post.

Any other ideas I can try? I've managed to get the remote feature running on another machine on my LAN so its just my WHS server that has the issue, I even got the bult in Web GUI working.

Thanks

JK

• 2 months later...

Archived