Move .torrents for finished jobs to: DOESN'T WORK! 3.3.1

dfg555

After doing a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller Pro and restarting the PC, I decide to install uTorrent using the latest version and and .torrent files still do not move to my specified directory. It used to work before having to reformat my PC as I had issues with a corrupt driver causing BSODs. I have tried changing the directory and that didn't solve my problem.

Windows 7 x64

Firefox 24.0

IE 10

uTorrent 3.3.1 30017

jo7m.png

Ok I unchecked Store .torrents and tested it. I noticed for magnet links it stores the torrent files in my specified directory but for downloaded .torrents it COPIES the .torrent file to my specified directory when it has finished downloading instead of MOVING it.

Ok so I have updated and same case as last version it only COPIES the .torrent file to my specified directory not MOVE it, oh well I'm still content that it manages to do what it is intended to do. All I have to do is just delete the .torrent file after downloading in my My Downloads folder.

All I have to do is just delete the .torrent file after downloading in my My Downloads folder.

That is where your browser it putting them BEFORE uTorrent to loads them.

How do you know it is not his defined setting for "Location of .torrents" (or the default) ? And they are not being left over there by uT? This is where uTorrent should re-move them from.

How do you know it is not his defined setting for "Location of .torrents" (or the default) ?

Maybe it is becaue dfg555 said

as last version it only COPIES the .torrent file to my specified directory not MOVE it,

And as browsers use the "My Downloads" location as the default for downloaded files of ANY kind, the deduction is that "My Downloads" is NOT the store location specified in uTorrent preferences otherwise there would be no files to be removed.

Also if the jobs were loaded via magnets AND "My Downloads" was the .torrent store, deleting those .torrent files would result in uTorrent throwing a "Cannot find .torrent file ....." error.

Thirdly, how many other times has the question of "Why are there duplicate .torrent files in My Downloads"? (or words to that effect) been asked?

Archived