Trouble using uTorrent with Boxpn

ShazBoxpn

Hi guys, I've been using uTorrent forever, and I had even been using it successfully with Boxpn for awhile.

Recently, like maybe two months ago, I started having problems connecting to any trackers while connected to Boxpn, and yes I'm on the Torrent networks, for instance TORRENT: Canada, Toronto.

Trackers like udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80 for instance say 'updating...' for awhile then end with 'Connection timed out.', they won't work while connected to Boxpn but will work fine otherwise.

[DHT] [Local Peer Discovery] and [Peer Exchange] seem to work, and on rare occasions someone will connect that way and I'll briefly see some torrent activity, but not usually and not enough to download or seed anything.

This problem may correlate to updating uTorrent, but I'm not really sure. I've tried all sorts of things and I've done a lot of reading and searching trying to research a solution, I don't think it's possible to port forward Boxpn and if my firewall were blocking it would I even be able to surf the internet while connected? All my other internet activity seems fine, I can even stream videos and download files manually at rather high speeds.

I'm at my wits end trying to solve this, maybe the problem is Boxpn, but I hesitate to unsubscribe right now firstly because I'm not sure it's on their end, and secondly because they don't provide an easy option to do so and I'm basically going to have to email them explaining why I'm cancelling my service and trying a new one if I do.

Does anyone else have Boxpn? Am I the only one having this problem? Has anyone found a solution? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Archived