v3.3.x won't write out cache, v3.2.3 works fine

Viper007Bond

No matter what I do, uTorrent won't write out data that's been downloaded but is still in the write cache. I tried the 3.3 beta back in the day and had this same problem but I wrote it off as being a beta bug.

However today I tried updating from 3.2.3 to the latest version and ran into this same pesky bug. What's going on? I'd really love to be able to update (I had to roll back).

My cache size is set to 1024MB and I can watch the "to file" value stay at 0, never going up.

It's worth noting that I am seeding ~2000 torrents which isn't an issue in 3.2.3.

I'm comfortable doing any debugging that you need done.

When I upgrade to 3.3.x, it fills the cache, the corked jobs take off, and To File never counts up. It does not look like that, while v3.2.3 does look like that (proper writes and usage of the cache).

I could try a clean install of 3.3 but that would mean losing all of my existing torrents.

I'll prune a bunch and see if that helps.

I could try a clean install of 3.3 but that would mean losing all of my existing torrents.

Not if you use my settings *and* replace with your resume.dat after the install...

Seems more likely you have access/permission/AV issue with the new exe. You can try also run-as-admin .

Archived