Utorrent not installing on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

thebum2323

I cleaned installed Mavericks on my Macbook Pro and I downloaded utorrent straight from the website. However, when I try to install utorrent, it won't go past the offers part and shows a blank screen and won't continue on to the Destination Select tab. This has never happened before and doesn't happen when I download and install other applications. I used to have utorrent on Lion before I did a clean install and I really want utorrent again. Please help!

29zbkma.jpg

There actually is a way to install the stable version. Instead of double-clicking the .pkg file, download pacifist (its a shareware app that allows you to extract the contents of .pkg files) and open the utorrent .pkg file in it. Inside the .pkg file you will see "utorrent.app". have pacifist extract utorrent.app to your applications folder, and bam, you've got utorrent installed :)

There actually is a way to install the stable version. Instead of double-clicking the .pkg file, download pacifist (its a shareware app that allows you to extract the contents of .pkg files) and open the utorrent .pkg file in it. Inside the .pkg file you will see "utorrent.app". have pacifist extract utorrent.app to your applications folder, and bam, you've got utorrent installed :)

Thank you man! This helped me a lot.

Archived