µTorrent makes lsass.exe eat my RAM

chitreau

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 up-to-date with 3070MB RAM

µTorrent 3.3.2 (build 30180)

ESET Smart Security 6.0.316.0

When I'm running µTorrent the lsass.exe service keeps growing in memory usage. When I start Windows it takes ~5MB, but when I start µTorrent (not set to start at Windows start) lsass.exe begins to increase its memory usage. After 6 hours running it's already in 135MB, and after a week it was in 1.1GB making too slow the use of the machine. The only way to free the memory, and get the computer usable again, is restarting it. The computer can be running for a week continuously without µTorrent and lsass.exe won't take more than 10MB.

This is an issue that originates in the use of µTorrent, but I'm not pretty sure if it's due to it or by other software (like AV, FW, etc) that acts because of having µTorrent running. Nor this forum nor google brought me light on this trouble. Does anyone have a clue about it?

Thanks in advance!

Next round of questions,

Are you writing from uTorrent to a mapped drive?

Is MS file and printer sharing on, (in particular Internet printing)

Are you using the "Homegroup" for sharing media?

uTorrent and the LSASS (Local Security Authority Subsystem Service) have no direct association with each other so it is something on your machine that is the real problem, uTorrent just makes it show up.

Archived