Jump to content

Router causing my download speed to be capped @ 1.6MByte/s


Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new here and I have this problem that is driving me nuts,

I have a 20Mbit/s download and about 8Mbit/s upload internet connection,

Here is a picture of speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/3046059263.png

Here is another picture downloading @ max speed using IDM getting around 2.6MByte/s http://i.imgur.com/79OXdy3.png

So as you can, see my max speed should be 2.5MByte/s, no speed burst or anything. However, when I start downloading with uTorrent, every thing starts fine, the speed increases at a fast rate until it hit 1.6MByte/s, then it just stays there. No matter how many torrents active at the same time, the sum of the speeds of all torrents is still 1.6MByte/s (tried with 9 torrents at the same time, all have healthy amount of seeds). So now I have this extra 1MByte/s underutilized which is very sad for me.

I followed the setup guide, port forwarded (green at the bottom), conservative settings, and followed this https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 ,

but still stuck at 1.6MByte/s, so I figured maybe it's my router that causing this problem.

I connected my PC via an Ethernet cable directly to the box or modem on the wall (I don't know what it is called), entered the account name and password, connected to the internet, and made a quick speed test to check that I'm getting the correct numbers. Since I'm connected directly to this modem which has no firewall, there is not port forwarding (all open). I then opened uTorrent and checked the port status and it was green. I had 4 unfinished torrents, so I started them all, after a minute or so I was @ 2.3MByte/s. I then connected back to the router (I connect to the router via Ethernet at all time, no wireless), I started the same 4 torrents, and I was stuck at 1.6MByte/s again.:(

My router is Aztech DSL605EW, here are some picture of the settings page:

Connection settings http://i.imgur.com/d5eibAY.png

Disabled UPnP, SNTP,... http://i.imgur.com/vMTTHUS.png

Port forwarding http://i.imgur.com/gcxhrTc.png

I should say that I tried restarting the modem and the router, and restored the router to default settings then reconfigured it again but that didn't help. I don't know if buying a different router would fix the problem, or just waste the money.

I noticed something, that when the uTorrent reaches 1.6MByte/s, browsing the web becomes very slow/impossible, which is weird considering that there is still about 0.9MByte/s left underutilized.

Sorry for the long post, and my bad English, I hope you guys can figure what's wrong, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...