Can't change the size of sidebar after update

saunet88

Had to revert back to old version as it was so annoying side bar whose size u cant change.

But... but you *can* change it... make it wider. Just that I don't like the minimum limit they've set for it's width. Is that what bothers you too?

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I want to know if there are any plans in the future updates to make this sidebar minimum resizing size to be smaller than it is with the 3.x versions right now?  Like making it more flexible like it was in the 2.x versions...  Because seriously I really don't like this "exagerated" oversized minimum size its got right now and I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later.  Its taking alot of necessairy space to view the torrents informations, it forces me to have to use that scroll bar at the bottom of the torrents list that I never needed to use before.

Here:

post-374974-0-33148100-1406122373_thumb.

Also worth to note is that ever since I updated to this version from a 2.2.1 it appears that even if I untick "Show Bundles" that Bundles icon on top of the sidebar keeps coming back by itself after a few hours.  Also in Advanced settings (I don't know if its related), there are 2 things that I put on false but they keep reseting back to true after a few hours:  "offers.featured_content_notifications_enabled" and "offers.featured_content_rss_enabled".  I don't know if its a bug, I figured that since these are ads related things it was normal altho its an annoyance, so I don't know if I should report it as a bug.

The Bundles bug was fixed in 32498+ .

About the size - I've noticed that happen if you use older settings.dat files. Try to replace your settings.dat with an empty one (.txt renamed to .dat). It solved the issue for me. Sadly you'll loose all your settings ...:(

I've managed to fix the bigger sidebar problem without losing any settings.  I had to revert to 2.2.1 first to fix it because it wouldn't fix it when I followed your instructions to empty setting.dat even tried reverting to 3.4.1 to see if it would change anything but it didn't, so I tried on 2.2.1 as a last resort and it worked.  I first made backups (obviously) of the original settings.dat and settings.dat.old then deleted them and made an empty settings.dat file and configured all settings back to what they were before.  I then upgraded to 3.4.1 (since you say that the bundles bug is only fixed on the beta builds of 3.4.2) then I ran it once and saw it was fixed.  So I exit and made backups of the newer settings.dat file thinking I could test to see if my old settings would work correctly.  I put back again the older ones and saw the sidebar big like before, this time tho it let me shrink it to the normal size so I restarted it after shrinking the sidebar and its now working perfectly. :)

I guess I'm going to wait for the build 32498+ to release in stable release and upgrade to it then since that the Bundles bug is fixed on them.  Thanks for your help and the informations about the bug. ;)

I should specify that this big sidebar problem only happenned after I went from 2.2.1 directly to the 3.4.2 build 32354 specifically, might be a bug related from there.  I don't recon having seen the sidebar that big before when I was on 3.4.1 or 3.4.2, only after I did this specific upgrade from 2.2.1 precisely.  I thought it was the normal size only because of the replies I've read on this thread, I thought to myself that going from 2.2.1 to 3.4.2 changed something in my settings that made the sidebar to the "supposed to be" size.  Just to tell you, that bundles bug only enhanced this idea because the bundles bug only started to happen after I noticed this sidebar problem.  The worse is that even when I reverted back to 3.4.1 after that my sidebar size didn't change, only once I reverted back to 2.2.1 that it was going back to normal lol.  So you can see how I got with the idea that it was the normal size.  I have upgraded/downgraded back and forth from 3.x to 2.2.1 and from 2.2.1 back to 3.x so many times before because for some trackers you kinda have no choices and never had this problem.  So it has to be a bug for that specific build of 3.4.2...

Now I am disapointed, I thought I fixed this size problem but in fact it only occurs once I'm using 3.4.2.  I even tried ticking the remove settings option when you unistall µtorrent to force a fresh start and it still gives that oversized sidebar problem.  As soon I reinstall 3.4.1 the sidebar is fixed but if I install anything in the 3.4.2 branch it does it again.  I tried installing every imaginable builds I could find for 3.4.2 from 32126 to 32549, all without exception is giving me this bug even by using the remove settings option each time.  I am writing this to confirm that I am still getting this problem in case the devs needs to know.

And by the way, the Bundles icon still re-appears EVEN in the 32549 build, every 2 hours it re-appears after you disabled it.  So I guess the bug they fixed in the aformentionned builds rafi was talking about did not fix this one problem.  Also the same Advanced settings I that I said higher that I set on false still goes back to true each times that Bundles icon re-appears plus there is a new one that made its appearence in the 32549 build which I've set on false too and oddly enough it got reset to true after the Bundles icon re-appeared: "offers.featured_content_badge_enabled".  I am seriously beginning to believe this whole Bundles bug is all related to this sidebar problem because both of these issues started at same time.  For now I'm gonna stick to 3.4.1, and will wait till someone can further support this problem or if another update comes and fix this.

I found a work arround to fix this sidebar problem that works effectively, just add *.bittorrent.com* to your firewall block list or router web filter list.  You may or may not be able to recover from your current settings.dat depending if its corrupted or not, try with your original settings.dat first and if it don't work then you will have to create a new empty settings.dat file to fix it.  Here's the link to my original post about this fix:  http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88607-34x-stable/page-32#entry491601

Archived