Move completed seeds or seeds that have been inactive for x-days/hours

AdamAnt

I am wondering if there is a way to move files automatically once they have finished seeding or have been inactive for a user specified interval.

I seed to a ratio, but DL a large number of files weekly. They download to one drive, seed from there, then go into storage on a large (21tb formatted) raid array. Unfortunately I frequently end up with hundreds or thousands of files on my download drive that prevent new download due to insufficient space. I can set up a folder action/Automator/ apple script to move them after a set timeframe, but I cannot tell externally if a file is done seeding. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
I am wondering if there is a way to move files automatically once they have finished seeding or have been inactive for a user specified interval.

I seed to a ratio, but DL a large number of files weekly. They download to one drive, seed from there, then go into storage on a large (21tb formatted) raid array. Unfortunately I frequently end up with hundreds or thousands of files on my download drive that prevent new download due to insufficient space. I can set up a folder action/Automator/ apple script to move them after a set timeframe, but I cannot tell externally if a file is done seeding. Any suggestions?

Why don't you locate the download folder on the 21TB RAID? That way the torrent data files are already on the volume where they'll all end up anyway and no need for you to move them (either manually or via some automation TBD).

You could also give yourself the semblance of the download folder being in the old location by symlinking the 21TB RAID-resident download folder to the old location. For example:

If the old location is here:

/Users/username/Documents/Current Torrents

and the RAID is here:

/Volumes/21TB_RAID/Torrent Archive

you could:

ln -s /Volumes/21TB_RAID/Torrent Archive /Users/username/Documents/Current Torrents

and it would look to you and uTorrent that the old location and the 21TB RAID location are one and the same.

Archived