Upgraded to uTorrent 332 and all my torrents have disappeared

Uncyherb

So I upgraded to uTorrent 332 when the popup notified me a newer version was available.

After narrowly avoiding the adware, uTorrent restarted, however my list of 300 or so torrents disappeared.

WTF!!

Looks like thew new version installed itself into %APPDATA%\uTorrent ... which is idiotic as PROGRAMS are supposed to go into %ProgramFiles%, and DATA is supposed to go into %APPDATA% ... what sort of idiots are you??

FFS don't you guys know how to UPGRADE software?. Instead of jamming your installer with adware, how about taking some time to consider upgrade scenarios and actually doing something instead of just simply dumping the software, stealing extension associations, and then running away. How about MIGRATING SETTINGS?

Found my old version 330 still intact and sitting (where it should) in %ProgramFiles%. I closed down the new POS version, started my old one and all my torrents were still there. Reclaimed associations (from Prefs->General), redid all my shortcuts, and deleted this version 332.

After many years as a uTorrent user and advocate, I'm seriously considering moving to a different torrent program as the latest programming team obviously have no idea what they're doing.

Don't release something unless you've tested it, and tested your installer.

Dumb <expletive deleted>ers.

Looks like thew new version installed itself into %APPDATA%\uTorrent ... which is idiotic as PROGRAMS are supposed to go into %ProgramFiles%, and DATA is supposed to go into %APPDATA% ... what sort of idiots are you??

The question goes right back at you for NOT SEARCHING ABOUT WHY WE ARE INSTALLING TO APPDATA.

Dumb <expletive deleted>ers.

Yes you are.

Archived