uTorrent crashes in a few minutes after launch

blinker57

I have run uTorrent for years without a problem, but after installing this latest version (3.3.2) it crashes after a few minutes pass. I don't believe my computer is running anything differently that is affecting uTorrent.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Could a specific torrent cause the application to crash while downloading?

Thanks!

blinker57

The only error message I get is:

--------------------------------------------------------

"uTorrent has crashed. A crash dump has been saved as:

<path to the dump>

How would you like to proceed?"

Realunch the application

Don't relaunch the application

[check] Submit a crash report to the developers."

--------------------------------------------------------

I am running the latest build number 3.3.2 downloaded from your site yesterday - build 30260.

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials with no extra internet security and the Window Firewall.

I would be happy to send the crash dump, but not sure how to do that with this forum.

Thanks!

blinker57

I have run uTorrent for years without a problem, but after installing this latest version (3.3.2) it crashes after a few minutes pass. I don't believe my computer is running anything differently that is affecting uTorrent.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Could a specific torrent cause the application to crash while downloading?

Thanks!

blinker57

I have a similar issue; uTorrent just closes after a few seconds - minutes. No error message. I believe that it started after I upgraded to v3.3.2. See here: https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=142920

I have a similar issue; uTorrent just closes after a few seconds - minutes. No error message. I believe that it started after I upgraded to v3.3.2. See here: https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=142920

I agree - I believe this started with the latest update. I never had a problem with uTorrent before v3.3.2. If it is any help, the latest version of BitTorrent has the same issue.

blinker57

Archived