The Connecting to peers problem

Kain Blueriver

Hi all,

I have read the former problems from other users about the issue of connecting to peers, but in my case, nothing helped,

In my case, i have the tracker from various sourcers, and they give me the peers and seeds, but the problem is that even if i get 2000 seeds and peers, they always get at 0(2000)

Sometimes they go to 1(2000) and download starts but it rapidly stops, both download and upload,

This started some days ago,

Im an avid utorrent using for years, never had any problem, my ISP doenst block the connecting, my router is properly configurated, my antivirues too (kaspersky Internet SECURITY 2013),

I removed the permissions both on router and AV but nothing worked,

I installed Utorrent again for the lastest build available but that only worked for some hours and with horrible speeds,

The configuration wizards doesnt connect to any server, sometimes saying protocol error and other times saying that cannot connect to server, but the port test is positive,

The strange is that the green light on the bottom of utorrent is always green,

Too be honest im lost on this, so i need some advice on what to do!

thanks all!

regards

man i keep trying to upload a torrent up it want seed and i get this

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce - connection timed out

Chaos Computer Club (ccc.de) (formerly known as denis.stalker.h3q.com) trackers have been 'down' for around twelve months now, but what has that go to do with checking the status of your listening port.

Too be honest i dont know but seems that its irrelevant,

Others with my ISP dont have issues, only me at this time,

I did some tweaks and the best i got is some really low speeds, some seeds and 8-20Kb of speed when i had 400-700Kb before,

Still dont know what is making this throttle,

Usually that would happend at this hour but now even in the morning, my DL doesnt finish..

Im only asking this here since i cant find any anwser on the FAQ/Web.

Too be honest i dont know but seems that its irrelevant,

If there are plenty of seeds and other peers with the job active, WHY should any peer need to connect and download from your client?

Still dont know what is making this throttle,
Probably the other peers.
Usually that would happend at this hour but now even in the morning, my DL doesnt finish..
What does "Availability" show?

AND look at the SWARM counts not the suggested totals.

I had similar problem but only when using a VPN connection.

Peers connect then shortly disconnect, downloading torrents stuck in 'connecting to peers' state.

Solved by un-selecting "Preferences/BitTorrent/Enable bandwidth management [uTP]"

I suspect something to do with latency measurement/QoS issue, but not sure....

good luck

Well i think my issue is something about the fact that i had no files to seed since i erased the download folder disk,

I say this because after i started having some mB downloaded on the files i had on queue, my speeds started going up on the upload of those files,

After that, i got maximum speeds on DL (1.2-1.5Mb) and UL (200kB)

Some files are still slow sometimes but thats normal, all the parameters are fine,

Lets see if that is the reason after all

I recently found myself with this problem too, just won't connect even with huge swarms. A workaround for me is to change the port, I just hit Random Port, and zoom it goes. It worked for me each time I've tried it in the last week, and I've needed to try it every time I've grabbed a torrent.

Using 2.2.1, and no vpn.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

System: uT 3.3.2, WinXP, via WiFi

Issue: Can't find peers & seeders automatically.

I reside in an apt complex with provided WiFi. I cannot access the router myself but I do know my IP & Port. I have tested my Ports TCP & UDP with PFPortChecker and they are both OPEN.

I have no problem downloading torrents from the Net if they have a Tracker, but I cannot get Trackerless Torrents to start unless I insert a tracker address and a peer or seeder IP & Port. Then the torrents work well.

Maybe there's a setting that's wrong in my uTorrent, or my Internet Options panel?

I suppose there may be some sort of restriction placed on my peer-to-peer connectivity.

If so, is there a workaround like a hosting service or similar that would give me access to peers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Maybe there's a setting that's wrong in my uTorrent, or my Internet Options panel?

No and no.

I suppose there may be some sort of restriction placed on my peer-to-peer connectivity.
More than likely.
If so, is there a workaround like a hosting service or similar that would give me access to peers?

Get your own Internet connection.

Archived