How can I make the downloading location the same as my final location

utman

When I start a new download I choose to put it in my external hd but while downloading (and sometimes after) I find it on my computer. I don't have nearly as much space there and I don't want it to live there ever. I "fix" it by changing the download directory once it started but sometimes I forget and I always have to wait for the move...

I want downloads to download while incomplete wherever I set them to go when they are done. Unless I just never noticed, this was the default on windows...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Set the appropriate locations in Preferences -> Directories, if any value is empty uTorrent will use the default download location for your OS/User profile

But I don't want it to always use the same directory to download to then move it when it's done. I want it use the same directory for downloading that I tell it to use when it completes, and that would be the directory I give it when the torrent starts. This seems to be the default on windows, unless I just never noticed but I find that hard to believe.

Archived