uTorrent stuck at 100% disk overload, but my disks aren't being used.

Luciaan

"Disk Overload" is NOT because the disc is overloaded, it is the INTERFACE to the drive where the data queue is greater than uTorrent considers 'safe'.

Have you tried having only one drive letter mapped to the device?

And reduce your cache size to 256 - 512 MB

How do I increase the amount that uTorrent considers "safe"?

Well ther are a few things that can help reduce the overloading warning.

Use a drive with a fast interface such as SATA 1 internal or ATA 133

Reduce the download rate

Reduce disc cache size so less data is written more often

Adjust diskio.max_write_queue

reduce diskio.coalesce_write-size

OR

set diskio.coalesce_writes to false

Read the User Manual for what they do

I get this all the time, sometimes severak times a day. Its illogical, I can be running at 7 MB down and 600KB up, and no probs,

then an hr later I can be at 1/2 that speed and it goes 100%. No matter how many threads I stop, it doesnt recover.

Have to fully close and restart UTorrent, which in itself is a hassle as when I exit, the TASK dissapear - but UTorrent is still

Reduce the download rate

OR

Ok I'll try those out.

I get this all the time, sometimes severak times a day. Its illogical, I can be running at 7 MB down and 600KB up, and no probs,

then an hr later I can be at 1/2 that speed and it goes 100%. No matter how many threads I stop, it doesnt recover.

Have to fully close and restart UTorrent, which in itself is a hassle as when I exit, the TASK dissapear - but UTorrent is still

Exactly what's happening here! Except everything stops completely. When I right click on it and Exit, it doesn't exit and requires the task manager to close it. I exited it 5 hours ago and it was still in the task manager, so I just exited it now.

Reduce the download rate

OR

But my drive isn't being used up! Why isn't uTorrent using it? Why is it stuck? I can play Battlefield 4 at 60FPS with no hickups while uTorrent is "100 disk overloaded".

I changed my settings, set my memory limit to 150mb, set coalesce_write to false, but I am still having the trouble. In fact, it took a much shorter time for uTorrent to stop working (flushing to disk, no 100% disk write, no activity in the performance monitor).

• 3 weeks later...

OK I haven't fixed the problem in the latest version. So I downgraded to an older version and the problem is gone. I hope in a future update this will be fixed. The version I am now running is 2.2.1. Here are my settings that I used:

bGvr6Fl.png

After I set this up, I was able to download around 1200 torrents overnight with zero issues. Also the crashing and freezing from selecting more than 500 torrents at once in version 3.3.2 is not present in 2.2.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived